New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hood scoop in the mail today and I spent about 3 hours going from body shop to body shop trying to get a good install price. I finally found a place that will do it for $60. I know I read a post somewhere awhile ago that said there was a template for cutting a hole in the hood to make the scoop functional. Of course the scoop was shipped with nothing, not even screws to bolt it on.
Does anyone have this template or can you offer advice about how I should tell the body shop I want this installed?

·
Registered
346 Posts
it is NOT functional

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Right....

the template that Visteon sent me was for drilling all 8 holes... Right now there is absolutely nothing on the market to make that scoop functional... I have a buddy that made a fist sized hole in his hood underneath the scoop --- does it do anything to benefit the car? - I doubt it... I did hear rumors that Visteon or someone is making some sorta small device that straps to it real slimline like under the hood to make em functional sometime in the future???? Sounds like none of you people who are ordering the scoops from the dealer or Ford Outlet are getting the template and screws/bolts...that sucks...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Anyone know what size bolts the scoop uses?
Gary at ford outlet said from what he saw it doesnt come
with that stuff
I wonder if any of you guys might have a template laying
around I could borrow?
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.