New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I know this is kind of in the wrong area but I also know that most people check in here before going to other parts of the board. I just got off the phone with the Visteon after market rep and was advised they will be exiting the cosmetic market very soon and will therefore have a "clearance sale" of sorts for all of thier inventory. Now when I asked how I could get these for you he didn't know if he could and I didn't know what interest thier would be for these parts. Let me know if there is any interest in this or not. He mentioned this info will be out to dealers on Monday so the stuff may go fast or not. He also mentioned this will be on an as-is basis with no warranty.

As for what will replace it he had mentioned someone else doing the C4 (my other post) and C5 (first time I had heard of this too). So the cosmetics will be available, just possibly different styles.

Anyone else hear of this before today?! Its all news to me so I figured I would mention it!

G

·
That IS News!
I would be intrested in the wing only. get a price and I'll mull it over......( Get married....or more new stuff for my car?...Married or stuff? stuff or married?... There's gotta be a way I can have my cake and eat it too....Shhhhhh
)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i want ALL front air dams... heck i'll just drive over to visteon and start taking them

G

·
PuckPuck, why u always gotta be funnier dan me? Damn man, it's like one week I'm funny and then you gotta be funnier......J/K

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts

G

·
BaMBaM, definitely get stuff. This is a clearance sale! I've been engaged for three years and we always seem to choose stuff over saving for our wedding! She ( I am assuming you are male) isn't going anywhere!

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Not to make anyone mad but Visteon only sells whole kits. I can assure the kits are gonna be cheaper than $600 for all 5 pieces unpainted but its gonna be hard. Visteon doesn't sell crash parts (individual parts).

James

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
James - When I talked to the guy he told me to see what interest I could gather up for the parts.. they will probably split it just to sell them.. If they dont sell it they will prolly dump it on dealers or scrap it and get some money back..

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hehe.. prolly not.. I was talkin to the director of sales for aftermarket sales (The benefits of working for Ford and partialy disguising it as work related LOL!).. who knows.. Since this is all hear-say at the moment anyway.. If the dealers jump all over it were hosed anyway.. if they dont then I bet they will prolly start splitting them to recover costs..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I would be DEFINALTELY interested in all parts to finish off my complete set... All I need is the front air damn and the side skirts... I'll do business with whomever can supply them to me cheaper (Chroma Cougar or ZN Coug)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.