New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i decided to forget about autostart and decided to just get a good security system, i already bought it. A viper 5000, and its scheduled to be installed on Wednesday (halloween)

does anybody know how i would go about hooking it up to operate the trunk release, from what ive read its like 1 or 2 wires and possibly a relay to make it work and they want an extra 60 bucks to hook it up.

is it worth it to have them do it or is it something that i can do within an hour myself and save the extra 60 bucks.

I know i sound cheap but im a full time student and if i can save i will.
plus ive had my interior apart several times and can do wiring proficiently.
thx. i have till Wednesday at 3 to decide

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another thing, in the instructions it says AUX output two is to control the trunk popper

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
You need to find someone else to hook up your alarm then, there is already an output on the alarm and it is only one wire to hook up on the back of the trunk switch. Thats it.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i thought, the install came free with the alarm, they just wanted to get the extra money for something simple, i dont really have much choice where i go tho there is only one other place that does it in town and they are booked for a month. I'll just talk to the installer when i drop it off, tell him that if he doesnt hook up the one wire i will.

THX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.