New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it sounds weird to say "Dry Your Car With Water" but that's what you're doing. You see, water wants to stay together. Each water droplet is looking for another water droplet to join...and they like to stay together. So rather than fighting the water use its properties to your advantage.

Here's all you do: after you've finished washing your car and have done the final rinse take the nozzle off the end of your hose, slow the flow to a steady flow, hold the end of the hose 3 or so inches from the edge of the car and slowly walk around the car. Of course you're going to want to begin at the top and work your way around the car.

Although a waxed surface makes the drying more rapid it also works on an un-waxed surface

Enjoy the video below. It should save you the $20.00 for a drying blade or the $30.00 on the Mr. Clean system. It works best if you've been maintaining the surface protection

How To Dry Your Coug With Water Video

(There is a spelling error or two on there and it has been corrected in the new version that's not uploaded yet)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ive been doing this for about 5 years now and it works wonderfully.
Try it before you say anything!

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
yup, been doing that forever, watched a video about it too... when I took a meguiers detailing course... years ago. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
i've been wanting to watch this vid for a while now...wierd how it works. that's what i can attention to detail (blow air from around emblems) haha

T

·
0 Posts
*sigh*

I would have to disagree that it takes longer to dry using the above method. I suggest you replace the Absorber with a waffle weave microfiber drying towel. When I "dry my car with water" and use my drying towel, the towel is barely damp when I am finished because most of the water has already rolled off.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by: Bayeri
it seems like it takes awhile...longer than using a towel

sorry but i will live and die by the "Absorber"
It takes a bit of getting used to. I can dry a car in less than 3 minutes. The thing that I don't like about using a towel to do the major drying is that your dragging it across the surface....increasing the risk of light surface scratches. I've raced guys with the absorber and I've finised 3 cars in the time they've done one.

:beer:

·
Registered
261 Posts
like twoGspot said, when using this method your car is almost dry before you can get your towel from it's resting spot.
Detailingdude-yes your draging the towel across the surface when using for the major drying, but at least you have the water there to act a buffer between the surface, but when the car is almost dry, then wouldn't you be increasing the risk of "light surface scratches" even more?

I do agree this method works great if you in a hurry, or when it's cold out. But when summer comes and it's 95 in the shade I just go the old fashioned route

p.s I do always use this for my final rinse though, using the nozzel usually causes hidden soap to bubble and multiply, with a slow steady stream it just washes away.....

T

·
0 Posts
Usually I only have to "dab" it with the microfiber drying towel. There is just a little water in the crevices and a few drops on the roof and hood after I finish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts