New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V6 Ford Challenge being held in Mighigan this year

Just a heads up guys, the race is beign held in Michigan just over the border from Windsor at Milan Dragway if anyone is interested in coming, its gonna be HUGE!!!! We hope to see a few more cougars out this year.

V6 Ford Challenge!!!

SEE WEBPAGE FOR DETAILS!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:V6 Ford Challenge being held in Mighigan this year

Thanks Dan, BTW I added you to the list of attendees for hte show and shine, been updating the site bit by bit today.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

Thanks Jaime.

I'll try recruiting people on here for you, now that the site is up.

EDIT:

Jaime......MY LAST NAME IS HAMILL!!! this makes 2 years in a row you spelt it wrong lol.

I also linked your original post to the page directly (makes it easier)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

Hmm, I have an issue with racing throughout the day/night. I have nitrous and WILL need a refill at some point. Any refill stations going to be on hand or one close by that I could quickly go to?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Livernois has refill stations for nitrous.

Dan I spelled it wrong again? Humm, will check it and fix it, haha sorry bro!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

haha I see where I spelled it wrong, my bad Dan, I fixed it for ya.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
RE:V6 Ford Challenge May 29th & 30th (FEE/RACING)

I'm planning on going to the Show and Shine too! Dan, you won't be alone now! I will just be going on the 29th.

V6Sprout, My wife and I are both going, according to the web page, it's $10 for the event and $5 for the BBQ, I assume it's $5 each, so $20 US total. Do we pay at the gate, or is there something through here to pay or what?

Dan, if you want to come down on Friday, you can crash at my place and we can drive there together.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cool, we need more Cougars to come, BTW, Dan check out the latest MMFF, your CAR is in it!!!!! CONGRATS!

The BBQ is $5 per person correct, and car show $10, if you want to come to the race on Suinday there is a spectator fee, I believe its $10 each as well, but the track takes care of that. If your coming for the show and shine sign up via the website so I can add you to the list, the more poeple on the list encourages more to sign up. If anyone wants to caravan down with us, I am leaving Friday morning adn shoudl roll through london sometime Friday afternoon or late friday morning. Not sure on actual departure time just yet. Did you guys get a hotel?

EDIT: I just noticed you did send in a signup form, cool! YOu can pre-pay or pay when you get there, I will know who has paid and who has not.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts

I live in Windsor, no need for a hotel! If you want to schedule a time and place to meet in Windsor before crossing the bridge we can all meet up there and caravan down together. There's a McDonald's right next to the bridge which is an easy meeting place. If you have a 2-way radio, set it to channel 4 just before the McDonalds and we can make contact that way too.

So if I prepay via paypal before the 1st, it says I get a T-shirt. What does it take to get 2 T-shirts?! My wife wants one too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

the free shirt is for the race participants only, not the car show, there will be shirts availabel at the race and car show though for those who wish to buy one, sales proceeds toworads the cash awards we give away to the winners of the race. I am gonna see about getting 2 way radios but if not I'll try and hook up with ya before we leave, or a day or so before. Email me your phone number bro [email protected]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

ok cool, if you follow us up on Friday where will you be staying overnight then? I am going up a day early remember.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts

Jaime....look a few posts down ... I posted the pic :)

I'm still going 100% for the show and shine....to bad my new trunk setup won't be done :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

ahh see it now, I don't read all the posts over here, usually just theones I get emails about that I subscribed to :)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts

I was able to figure out from the Livernois Motorsports webpage that their address is;

2500 S Gulley Rd, Dearborn Heights, MI 48125-1152

What time does the Saturday events happen at Liv. Motorsports? I guess I just want to know what time the day starts. I know we're still going to talk about meeting up and driving down together, however, I still just want to know in general.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I talk with Livernois yesterday and will get confirmation by the weekend, but I am thinking about 9am we willget things started, dyno runs and what not, cars can roll in for the car show anytime after 9am and we will have a cut off time and judging time posted soon. I plan to add a scheduule of events tot he website in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
OK, the weekend is around the corner and I'm curious about the weather situation. Will we be indoors? Is there a rain contingency as it looks fairly guaranteed to be rained out at the point. Show and Shine will not be doing very well outdoors.

Saturday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 69 to 73. Chance of rain 40 percent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy during the early evening...then becoming partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms during the evening. Lows 52 to 56. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Jamie, are you and Dan Hamill planning on driving down Friday night or Saturday morning if its still going on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am driving down Friday MOrning, Dan is going Saturday morning.

I think we can hold the car show indoors if it rains, Livernois is HUGE!!!! I'll check to make sure. As for the race, 40% rain is not that bad, but if it does rain out, we are gonna tlak with the track about a make up date for sure. Weather is unprdictable, come regardless of the weather, it can be rainy in the monring and sunny in the afternoon, ya never know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts