New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my lucky day. I got in 2 races. Well I was on my way to my softball game tonight. I was cruising down the freeway at around 80. I passed this white V6 Cougar and I noticed he had dual outlets and thought HMMMM. But I decided not to push it and kept on cruising. Then he pulls up beside me. I wave to see if he wants to run. He waves back to say yes. I motion for him to slow to 70. We both did. His passenger did the 3-2-1 countdown and we were off. I only went from 70-90. There were no other cars in front of us. I immediately pulled and kept pulling. By 90 I had him by at least 5 cars. I let up and he came along side and waved. I returned the gesture and proceded to cruise once again. I was impressed with the performance. I could tell it was MTX. The guy downshifted right beside me. It looked nice though. I dont know what other mods he had.

This not not a bash on Cougars by no means!

Larry

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
I would just like to say
Ohhhhhhhh puhhhhhhhh-lease.
Five car lengths that is so full of BS. especially saying you only went up to 90. Next time try to make it more realistic or realize when you are dreaming vs being awake.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I agree. That seems like quite an exageration. Even my ATX can kick a little ass 70 - 90 MPH. I can pull away from most cars because the Cougar seems to have a great 60-90 response.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, I would have to call that one too. Five lengths from 70-90??

Or are you using matchbox car lengths?

No offense, I am sure you can beat a Cougar, but not like that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets see 70 mph in my car is little over 6000 rpms. I take 3rd all the way to 92 mph which is 8200 rpms. The whole run I am in VTEC and in my powerband. Doesnt anyone even care to ask mods? If you wanna know my mods private message me and I will tell you. You disagree and dont even know what I have.

Larry

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ok fine I will ask. What kind of mods does your super duper, ultra fast car have? NOS? A rocket?

We also know that the Cougar was also modded, and five car lengths is a LOT of room to gain only going from 70-90.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I thought you were afraid to tell your mods because someone might steal your car for them. What's with your sudden change of heart. Maybe its the only thing you have to shovel your own BS.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Don't PM me your mods, I will be forced to post them.

You want respect? Show us what you have and stop being such a pussy about it.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, I don't give a **** that he beat a Cougar, I am not that attached to my car. I just question the 5 lengths in only 70-90.

·
Registered
728 Posts
it probably wasnt 5 car lengths but it was a lot between them...hes got a low 14 sec gsr and our cougars are high 15's with an exhaust...thats almost 2 seconds, even a second makes a difference, youll see if you guys go to a couple tracks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Oh, I can? I just replied to your PM and said that I would respect your wishes and not post them.

Wait a minute.....are you who I think you are??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you Mecca.

Fett thanks for not posting them. I deleted that post.

Fett saw my list of mods. You ask him if I would be able to pull easily on a V6 Cougar with just exhaust?

Larry

G

·
That does seem like a bit much...

When we installed all my mods (see below in sig.), my cousin helped. He has a '89 5.0 with everything but a S/C and NOS. I took out my Cougar, and him his Mustang. While pulling onto the on ramp for the freeway, I was in front of him. I had it floored and he was on my ass, but as soon as we hit the bottom of the offramp, he couldn't pass me.... we tried it again cruising down the freeway, at 60 we both just hit it, and he couldn't pull out in front of me... His 5.0 is one of the fastest Mustangs in town too... He's been beat by 2 others.. one with NOS.

The cougar really goes at highway speeds.... this story seems hard to swallow....

But if it's true... then damn.... ouch...

Shon

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
TeamXtreme has a pretty extensive list of mods... in fact i would pit his car to start racing agains stangs and camaros and vehicles of that liking... instead of cougars and civics

and yes i think 5 car lenghts is much but i'm not in the mood to start ****

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Aren't you the guy with old 180K mile GSR and the slipping clutch? LOL.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks Puck I always enjoy talking with a fellow hardcore racer.

Frank yes my odometer says 179,700. That doesnt mean a whole bunch when the motor has been apart. My clutch problem is only when launching. A slipping clutch isnt gonna be bad when you are already in a gear. It is only bad when launching or shifting.

Larry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.