New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car it had the pinstripes from the fender to trunk (where they normally lay) ...

My Q: Is there a graphic (ie intricatelines...etc) available to your knowledge that would cover them?

If so, post pics.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
are you looking to just cover it....If so, you may wanna rethink that due to how the vinal will lay

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
somehow my stripes are different. i know how to remove stickers w/ heat, but these seem to be under the clearcoat or something. The dealer told me that there is no way to take them off. If you run your finger over the stripe - you can't feel it's lines, ya know? hmm...

DgnZCoug - Yeah, something like that! Except without the interuption in the line...anything else?

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
you have painted in pinstripes? thats kinda quality...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by: Statman
however you will probabally have faded line where the striping was
yeah i kno, i took off the V6 and COUGAR badgings and u can stilll kinda see where they were because the paint faded :cry: i had my body kit painted and installed not too long ago but now im rethinking a few things so myb ima have the whole car repainted.... who knows, fadded paint sucks tho!

PaulF

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
if they are under the clear and smooth to the touch then tehy are painted in stripes... that isn't a cheap thing to get these days... it is quality becuase most are just cheap vinyl these days not paint. you may not liek them btu they are on there to last ... and ford never did that so they were done by someone aftermarket, to haev that done woudln't be cheap at all i don't knwo how much ti costs. but it is never cheap..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
somehow my stripes are different. i know how to remove stickers w/ heat, but these seem to be under the clearcoat or something. The dealer told me that there is no way to take them off. If you run your finger over the stripe - you can't feel it's lines, ya know?
i had the same thing. i had sticker pinstripes and then when i peeled them off, i had painted ones too!! it felt like they were under the clearcoat, but after taking bug and tar remover over them to get the sticky stuff off from the stickers, some of the paint came off too. so.. with A LOT of elbow grease and bug and tar remover on a soft cloth, i got them off! then of couse, i cleaned the area with car wash and put a nice coat of was over top :biggrin:
just an idea and it is a lot of hard work but she looks MUCH better :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts