New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've decided to stay with my roush kit but i want to have it seam sealed to give it that almost molded "is that a kit or the car" type look. first question is what is a good epoxy to use. and should i strip to the bare metal for epoxy/urethane connecting? and i just need as much general information on the actual seam sealing. recommended brands, techniques, preperations etc...any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There is a brand of epoxies that I have used and I personally think they are great.The brand name is DURAMIX their information and order number is 1-800-537-9204 and the seam sealer you are looking for is product #4225(opaque), #4226(black),OR #4227(self leveling).You will also need to purchase a gun to dispense the epoxy the guns are #4997(heavy duty) or #4992 regular

As far as urethane to metal bonding you just need to clean surfaces extensively to remove dirt,oil,and wax build up.You can also scuff the surface of the paint if you so desire but you do not need to go to bare metal.

Hope this is of some help
later
Justin

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this has to be the first question ive asked, had answered, and exactly what i needed, top notch.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by: overfiend
this has to be the first question ive asked, had answered, and exactly what i needed, top notch.
rofl :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts