New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of performance modifications and was looking at the SVT flywheel... does this really improve performance that much and how hard is it to put on the car? Would you guy be willing to help out?

Thanks,
Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have no idea how hard it is, but I'd be willing to kibitz.
hehe, that actually sounds like a good meet idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is a meet alright... Like a weekend meet. You have to remove the tranny to do that. I would go with something else other than the SVT flywheel. that is still from the factory. I would get an aluminum one from Unorthodox or someone else... not sure who makes flywheels for you guy's. BUT I would also do a Quafe(sp) lsd and clutch at the same time... save time and money...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also ..fro rx-7 experience ...it require 345 ft lbs of torque to remove and to replace...that is a hell of a lot of torque...

kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mikey can do it.
hehe, I'll have to show ya'll the over-torqued .5" socket 6" extension.
he deformed, and he wasn't even mad at me!!
he didn't even have a breaker bar on it, just the 10" handle of the ratchet.

Oh yea, btw it was a craftsmen extension.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whew, didn't know there was that much involved... shows how much I know about cars huh? Well, seeing that then I'm going to have to think of something else... thanks for your input...

Matt

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
ACTUALLY, everyone will sleep better knowing that the Cougar only requires79-86ft/lbs for ATX Flexplate and 81-89ft/lbs. for MTX Flywheel. A lot lower that I expected ... I was thinking 150 easily.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow..that makes me feel a lot better...it is acutally fathomable..if that is a word ..hehe

kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.