New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have and AEM SRI, Magnecore 8mm wires, Iridium plugs, Gutted Precats, a high flow y-pipe and a high flow cat. I am planning on eventually getting a cat back exhaust, MSDS headers and keeping my high flow y-pipe, Hone/Extrude my uim and then getting a chip. I was wondering if it's worth it for me to get a SVT LIM since I have a 10/98 production cougar and if I would need bigger injectors. Thanks for any advice. I couldn't find anything like this in the search, so I apologize if I missed something.

Jeff,

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
i think the cougars which were equipped wit hte SVT lims were of production date 5/99 and later. So i think you should upgrade your LIM, because it will be the bottle neck after all your intake upgrades. An no, do not upgrade injectors. I think the stock ones can support upwards of 200-250 hp? So you have no need to upgrade yet.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
No you don't need bigger injectors, your #17's are great. If i were you and upgrading the UIM than i would also get the SVT LIM. Since you don't have the SVT spec one.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
You don't need bigger injectors, but from what I've been told the upgrade to an SVT lim gains are minimal at best.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Yeah the LIM is minimal just if your replacing the LIM. If you do the UIM and TB why not complete it and upgrade the LIM....

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: mond12345
Yeah the LIM is minimal just if your replacing the LIM. If you do the UIM and TB why not complete it and upgrade the LIM....
I have the smaller LIM and added the SVT uIM and TB.. I had asked about the gains of the smaller LIM vs the SVT spec one and that was the answer given to me..So basically if you don't have a SVT LIM and you add the upper and TB you'll still be ok. I did notice a big change in my exhaust note however..

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
i just did my SVT UIM, LIM and TB about 2 months ago and loved it. I mean since your upgrading all around the LIM why not do the LIM also since there really cheap when they come on ANY V6 Cougar 5/99 and up.... Just my opinion!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.