New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is a repost I am sorry. Trubendz is now offering mil eliminators and test pipes for the cougar.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Not a repost... when i first saw the MIL i thought it said it was $3 and i was like that's not even worth making your own, but then i realized that was just for shipping. ;) You can make a hell of a lot of them for $23.

As for the test pipe, that was an option for their y-pipe (removable cat, which would have a test pipe included), but it's cool that Josh is now just selling just the pipe now for those that just want that.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
and the test pipes now also fit the 3 bolt flange ...i plan on getting one of these with the help of Uncle Sam

·
Registered
487 Posts
do the test pipes fit where the cat converter is?? what exactly is their advantage?? i think i might be interested in one of these, it'll make my beast a lil louder:biggrin:

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
I'm sure they would fit the 'tours also...

a test pipe helps get the exhaust gases out of the system quicker, because of no cat converter present... mind you they are called "test pipes" for a reason.... they are NOT LEGAL in any state... the are for off-road use only.... however for some people like me who would like that extra kick of power at the track, the test pipe is a 5-10 minute job to swap in, so it makes good sense....

·
Registered
487 Posts
i have a high flow cat already, would this still benefit my cars performance??

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
the test pipe REPLACES the cat... essentially you unbolt the cat, bolt the test pipe in... do your off-road driving, then before going back on the street, you unbolt the test pipe and bolt hte cat back in.... of course if you choose to, you can stay illegal and leave the test pipe in... however mind you the fines are stiff if you are caught

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I believe the MSDS ypipe terminates in a 3" opening...

Does this Straight pipe go 3" to 2.5" or is it 2.5" all the way?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
does the stock cat pipe section go from 3" to 2.5" I'd find it off if the MSDS y was bigger than stock, it wouldnt fit otherwise. I'm going to look under my car tomorrow, I think it is a 2 bolt flange though...any chance of getting them made? I beleive some early 99 cougs had a 2bolt as well?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts