The 99-00 headlight was recieved and he will be looking into it this weekend.
Did you even read his response?Originally posted by: TaOpOcL
I think it's complete BULLSH!T neither manufacturer nor retailer will offer a refund to those unhappy with this situation. Especially when the retailer falsley advertised the original product as "Rings are designed to fit both 01-02 Headlights as well as 99-00 Headlights.".Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
Believe me Thickie you are not the only one waiting for the updates on this.
It's real swell when people take pride in themselves/business/products.
Originally posted by: umnitza
Well, after much work and much prodding, we owe you all an apology.
I've placed a NEW order for the correct size rings. I can post pictures of me making it fit, but it's a moot point, I don't like a product not to be 100%.
So, while yes, they do work, and I can show you, it's not now working to my satisfaction.
Now, before this gets out of hand with people crying foul and vehemently opposing everything we say:
1) We will issue NEW rings free of charge. Save your existing rings that you have not broken. Do NOT BREAK RINGS.
2) As the manufacturer, we will be providing new rings to Custom Cougar's based on the database records of which rings are on 99+ cars. and not 201 + cars.
3) All ring exchanges will be handled by Custom Cougar's.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we also think that it couldn't have happened at a better time when most people were too cold to do the install work and the spring driving season is upon us.
So, the timeline:
1) Order for exact specifications to the 99+ headlight were mailed today.
2) It's 15-20 Business days to complete this order
3) All orders for the rings will be mailed to Custom Cougars as soon as we get them.
4) All orders will be 6500K color to match any HID that you might have
5) All rings will require that you gently remove the barrels from your existing rings and reapply them to the new rings.
6) All fitment will be resolved with these new rings and install guide will be modified using JScullin's light.