New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Finally I can't wait to install these. I was going to go ahead and install it this weekend since I was tired of waiting but if he will be looking at it this weekend I guess that I can wait one more week.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm sorry I've been away for a bit.

I got the headlight into the oven (it was a hellish week this week due to insane amounts of shipments).

Just to let you guys know, we have 5 guys working round the clock (or so it seems) and we're just getting more orders than expected for our BMW headlight products.

This has slowed me personally looking into these lights because I have to find time to supervise everything.

We might have a better mounting system in place for V2 - which may not require us to build new rings, but rather ship you the mounting system.

Please bear with us, the headlight is in the oven, just going to open it up tomorrow instead of today.

Again, sorry about that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just wonderin if there was any new information from the last post by umnitza....:)

·
Registered
487 Posts
i want to install these sooooooooo badly haha

·
Registered
340 Posts
I didn't order for this reason, though I completely sympathize with you. You guys are being fleeced here, and I would call the BBB or some other authority to show you won't be pushed around.

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by: TaOpOcL
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
Believe me Thickie you are not the only one waiting for the updates on this.
I think it's complete BULLSH!T neither manufacturer nor retailer will offer a refund to those unhappy with this situation. Especially when the retailer falsley advertised the original product as "Rings are designed to fit both 01-02 Headlights as well as 99-00 Headlights.".
It's real swell when people take pride in themselves/business/products.
Did you even read his response?

Originally posted by: umnitza
Well, after much work and much prodding, we owe you all an apology.

I've placed a NEW order for the correct size rings. I can post pictures of me making it fit, but it's a moot point, I don't like a product not to be 100%.

So, while yes, they do work, and I can show you, it's not now working to my satisfaction.

Now, before this gets out of hand with people crying foul and vehemently opposing everything we say:

1) We will issue NEW rings free of charge. Save your existing rings that you have not broken. Do NOT BREAK RINGS.

2) As the manufacturer, we will be providing new rings to Custom Cougar's based on the database records of which rings are on 99+ cars. and not 201 + cars.

3) All ring exchanges will be handled by Custom Cougar's.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we also think that it couldn't have happened at a better time when most people were too cold to do the install work and the spring driving season is upon us.

So, the timeline:

1) Order for exact specifications to the 99+ headlight were mailed today.
2) It's 15-20 Business days to complete this order
3) All orders for the rings will be mailed to Custom Cougars as soon as we get them.
4) All orders will be 6500K color to match any HID that you might have
5) All rings will require that you gently remove the barrels from your existing rings and reapply them to the new rings.
6) All fitment will be resolved with these new rings and install guide will be modified using JScullin's light.

·
Registered
487 Posts
so actually that order should be ocmpleted sometime soon...cause i think that was posted about 2 weeks ago....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dude, the guy is fixing it....whats the prob?? I've had them layin around too but these were custom made and i think hes been more than helpful in getting us the right sizes...they cant just fabricate these overnight and put them under your pillow in the mornin. Lay off w/ the negative comments, and grow up a little...jesus:slap:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just give them to me. Problem solved.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Grow up a little? That's real mature. Umnitza would very quicly lose any product misrepresentation suit here. You DO NOT put a product on the market when you have no idea if it will work, and certainly not in today's hyper-litigious society. And to refuse a refund is heinous.

And what is the problem? Have you ever heard of the 'time value of money'. They have given him their money, while they get absolutely nothing in return for 2 months. That money could be invested, or at least in a bank earning a return. When someting is on backorder, it is illegal to charge any money until it ships.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i'm not tryin to start a feud, but we all knew these were fitted to an 01-02 headlight, and that it was not a guranteed fit, its a chance we all took, and now we have to wait..big deal....eventually i'm gonna have these lights in and they are gonna kick @SS

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh, I agree that they will be kick ass. And I purposely didn't order because of the lack of testing. I just think this has been done in a very shady fashion.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Everyone is making a big deal out of this... there are countless members on this board that have been SCAMMED out of money (myself included) - money they may or may not ever see again. Same principle as what was said above: they paid for an item, and can't use it (in this case, because they don't have it). When Paypal goes and refunds money, while rare, I don't recall any 'interest' being repaid.

Point is, you have an item that works. Might not work in your application, but it works, nonetheless. Umnitza NEVER said he was going to leave anyone hanging, so I'm still wondering why everyone continues this argument everytime it is mentioned... he is working on the problem, and I'm sure will make everyone happy in the end.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry for not updating you.
Our factory just informed us that they are either being FedEx'ed to us today or Monday.

Then we will test.

Sorry for aiding and adding fuel to the fire on this one, but we will not leave anyone hanging. PERIOD.

We ordered several hundred of these things so we should be good to go. Once we get the rings into the warehouse and inventory them, I suspect it will be a at least next weekend that we jump on this.

It's in our best interest to get this squared away because quite simply, we owe it to you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts