New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I hit a deer a while back. I went on vacation this past week and thought it a perfect time to get things fixed. So, to the shop my car went. Well, got it back from the shop yesterday and I'm loving my car once again. I swapped in 01-02 headlights instead of my broken (and before that, weathered and ugly) 99-00 lights using a little elbow grease and the help of a friends grinder. At the shop I took the opportunity of the down time to get some other work done. Here's the list...

-Fixed dent in hood and respray
-Front bumper and WW lip filled and resprayed
-No-limit grill w/mesh painted and installed
-Taillight covers (courtesy of Cue) painted and installed
-Brake calipers painted
-Dash painted

With the HID replacement bulb (I had one blow thanks to the accident I believe) my car should look darn near brand new (the front else already does). I will have pictures of it ASAP (I am going to try as soon as I get home). Of course, with the fresh paint, I have to wait to give my car a full detail and wax for the 2 weeks or so just to make sure I don't mess anything up. Of course, in 2 weeks I'm going to have to claybar the darn bugs off... blah. Anyways, my car is coming together between all the new work and the LED swap along with some other things I have in progress. You'll have to wait for that though.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
well get some pics up here dam you.....dont make me wait till sat. to see it...and i hope those tail light covers treat you good......they costed you a whole lot of $$$$$

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the pictures... and yes Cue, that cup of coffee was a steep price to pay, but I think I made the right trade :rofl:

So, here are some pictures of the deer damage followed by some pictures of the present state. Before you make any comments, I know the vinyl doesn't look right, but the piece on the front bumper and ww lip had to come off for respray, so I am going to take off the black stripe and either have it remade or just leave it depending on whether I like it without it or not...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Car looks hot man. How long did it take to do the interior and what kind of paint did you use?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: AEMCougar
Car looks hot man. How long did it take to do the interior and what kind of paint did you use?
I had the shop paint it for me. He smoothed it down and painted it. I can't imagine it took any longer than any other car parts. All that's left to paint now are teh A. B, and C pillars, the overhead console, and the 3 trim pieces on the hatch. After that just some interior stuff to work out. Thanks for the compliment though.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, they ARE a little different just because they are freshly painted, but, the rest of my car hasn't been waxed since before last winter, so once the waxing is done, they will match almost perfectly. I just have to wait for the paint to finish curing. Thanks though.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: cue
no...i think you just have a crappy painter....HAHAHAHAHAHA loser...i bet you cant even sail a clipper ship!!!!!!!!
my cougar looks better than yours. You know why? cause you don't have one! idiot. :rofl: maybe my HID bulb will come today. When are you going to let me play with your truck, i.e.- put in some LEDs.

·
Registered
673 Posts
wow dude that is some sweet vinyl. i have never seen that design before. the 3rd to last pic is total hotness...

·
NECO Triathlete
980 Posts
Glad your car is back together man. :thumbsup:

lookin good! :cool:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: Anthology
wow dude that is some sweet vinyl. i have never seen that design before. the 3rd to last pic is total hotness...
you havn't seen that design before because it's a custom design ;) glad you like it though. It's a love it or hate it design. I love the look, but others feel it's just too much. Tony from Empire designed it for me from my ideas, and since he's the man, came out with exactly what I wanted.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
hey look idiot you have a front walk way....it took long enough...and as far as LED's in my truck.....maybe some time....but first you must show me you are capable of sailing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.