New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all is involved in converting my wipers to the "uni-wiper". i have seen this on a couple cougs, i just have no idea how it's done.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
IIRC, You remove the hinge bracket from the right side wiper, attach a 24" wiper to the middle bracket, adjusting it somehow... don't remember the details, just thought I'd throw a little bit into the mix

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
What are the pros and cons for doin this....besides bein ricey....JK I maybe doin this mod myself :biggrin:

·
Registered
335 Posts
From what I've read in the past about this conversion, the wiper is pretty much useless for clearing the window of any water, unless you do the true uni-wiper conversion like the Mercedes have. In my opinion I think it looks kind of bad, unless the wiper was the true conversion where it could go down all the way so it wouldn't be hanging on the window all the time. But to each is his own, so if ya like it, go for it!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have this and it works just fine!! You just remove the wiper on the passenger side and then like previously stated you put a 24 in blade on the remaining one. You adjust it by lifting the blade off the window (like when you are drying it) and pull it partially off the post, you then get it to the desired spot push it back on fully and place blade on window takes about 10 min to do everything!!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
you won't get pulled over for having that wiper hanging in the middle of the window like that will you? Does that obstruct your view at all?

Mike

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Loyalty
What are the pros and cons for doin this....besides bein ricey....JK I maybe doin this mod myself :biggrin:
i'm with croc on that.... doesnt' clean very well! my buddy did it to his infinit and you can't see out the passenger window all the women hate that thing haha.... i'm not a big fan of it either.... but the 24 inch blade just goes on the middle i think?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have this mod and it cleans fine!! No probs at all. And I have had it this way for over a year and havent been pulled over. There is some obstruction to the passengers view but its not bad. As far as how it goes I already told you and posted pics.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
i really like how one wiper cleans better than two:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Instigator
i really like how one wiper cleans better than two:rolleyes:
well maybe Greenway Ford will forget to replace your rear wiper! ahah when i had my accident fixed up, they put the thing back on backwards so it start moving down and under teh spoiler! I was so pissed! but it didn't scratch nothing! :bowdown: that it didn't scratch the paint!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts