New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too sure what its called, but it goes underneath the front bumper and engine area, its black and plastic, i guess it protects dirt from getting up in the engine bay area, anyone know what this is called?? Mine broke somehow...broke right off

I searched fordpartsonline but i didnt really know what to look for, cuz i have no idea what its called...

The parts along the wheel well broke off as well...

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
If you want the item... Here is the part numbers

99-00 Cougar
Deflector, Lwr Air 99-00
F8RZ8327AA
List Price is $72.62

01-02 Cougar
Deflector, Lwr Air 01-02
1S8Z 8327 AA
List Price is $87.85

These are list prices at your local ford dealership... I am not selling you the items, just providing you the part numbers.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
BTW, i think Craig is talking about the chin spoiler. You need to rip it off to install the front valence on body kits.

James has you pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
james -> thanks, that is the correct part...

so when i go thru puddles fast, the water isnt going to splash up into the engine bay? b/c there is no cover now..correct?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I don't think it matters all that much if water splashes up into the engine bay..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard if too much water gets up there it can seize the engine.

Its not just dirty water im worried about, theres road salt in the water, and salt on the road, it all pitches up.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
It's just going to get the engine bay dirty. The engine will sieze if you get water INSIDE it, not on it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I suggest you spend the money to get the part. I switched from a 99 bumper to an 02 and the 99 splash shield felt out one day while driving. I could totally tell a difference in how the car drives and the smoothness on the highway. That shield is there to protect the engine compartment from debri etc. Spend the money and get it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i shall... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts