New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I ordered some Streetglow Gold Series Underbody Neons...they should be at my house tommorow. So before I get started on installing them I was wonderin if anyone had any tips or suggestions..or if someone would be nice enough and tell me how to install them so I don't screw it up! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I've seen a few images of people with under body kits and the ones without body effects like wingswest, razzi, etc, you are able to see the bulb. If anyone know where too mount them so you can't please let me know. I'm interesting in doing it in the long term, but won't do it for sure if you can see the bulb.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
When I got the bulbs, I thought I could mount them so they wouldn't be seen.... but I couldn't. I tried my best, but you could still see them if you stepped back about 3-4 meters.

So, without saying, I never even turned them on... except to show them off at car meets when everyone is just standing next to the car. But I just installed a WW body kit, and you can't see the neons at all.... its sweet!

I recommend getting a bodykit FIRST, then getting the underbody neons. Trust me, you won't like them if you get the neons first.

·
Registered
549 Posts
hey i have the neons w/o the body kit- IT SUCKS TOO... there is no place to hide them... i guess a cheap way would be to attach a metal piece to hide them... as long as its dark out (when u have the neons on) no one will see them metal piece or the tubes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did it in front grille, it is amazing,

take off both headlights, and the brackets that hold them there, then theres alittle black metal peice attached to the bumper with these cheep black things, i just cut the black things off, mounted a 20 inch neon right onto the frame before the radiator. then to reattach the metal part i used thick bolts instead of getting new black plasic things. then routed the power wire though the drivers side headlight, there was a hole. put everything back on. connected it up. nice easy job, shouldnt take that long....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts