New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a squirrel/cat/rabbit/something on my way home tonight - it was too dark to tell the extent of the damage outside of my underbody front being smashed, and the splash shield for the radiator being damaged pretty badly. Can anyone tell me if we really need the splash shield, or if its there for mostly asthetics...

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I need one of those too. They are like $87 at the dealer. The shield is there to keep the front part of the engine safe from road debri.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i don't have one...... been like that for a year now, no problems.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: scottina99
I need one of those too. They are like $87 at the dealer. The shield is there to keep the front part of the engine safe from road debri.
Road debri such as a squirrel/cat/rabbit/something. I'd think you could probably make a new one out of lightweight sheetmetal. I can't remember exactly how big those are cause I haven't been under the car much but... I'd assume you could get one of those door kickplate pieces of metal from Homedepot. The just lay the plastic piece over it and mark the screw holes, drill them out and tada. Metal radiator shield thingie. :banana:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I just had to take mine off too....I had mine off for quite a while before I bough my second one, and had no problems with it being off...I'd say you're ok without it.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Mine tore off on a curb finally a year and a half ago. No problems with it gone, but you can get it for 70-something shipped from FPO when I checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts