New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever heard of this car? There's a review in the current issue of Bloomberg Markets magazine, and...well... wow. If anybody's interested, I'll scan in the article (it's 2 pages) and email it. I don't have a host to post it... the Sagaris is not available in the US, though it didn't say about the rest of the TVR models (it's a quirky British brand named after the founder, Trevor Wilkison)

406 hp 0-60 3.7 seconds 0-100 8.1 seconds cost about $88,512
optional air conditioning costs an additional $3,500 or so
no air bags, no abs, no traction control, no fenders
strange bump up to accomodate driver's helmet, transparent spoiler (so not to block the rear view)

a quick google turned up pictures though I think it looks much better in the melina blue type color in the magazine

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
yep... too bad TVR's are illegal in North America... something about lack of safety or bumpers or airbags or something.... blah!

I suppose if you knew someone though, you could have them ship you the car and the engine seperately, register it as a 'kit car' and then reassemble everything yourself over here :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: Hardrive
Wasn't TVR sold to a young Russian Millionaire?
yeah, he wasn't even 25 when he bought it, according to the article, and since then they've improved quality tremendously (even adding a 36K mile warranty lol)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: MagicHallucinations
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
yep... too bad TVR's are illegal in North America... something about lack of safety or bumpers or airbags or something.... blah!
psssstttt, Matt........evolutionimports.com check out the top of page 7 in the used cars section;)
hmmmm maybe the Sagaris is made different (since its a new model)... but the Tuscan (my true love) is not available in this land :(

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I still would rather have the SPEED12, Thats one fast car. Not 2 crazy about the rear but who cares, everyone on/at the track would have to get use 2 it. lol (pic @ bottom)
In Detail: http://www.supercars.net/cars/1842.html
price $245 000 USD
engine V12 w/Dry Dump Lubrication
valvetrain 4 Valves per Cyl
displacement 7730 cc / 471.7 cu in
compression 12.5:1
power 596.6 kw / 800.0 bhp @ 7250 rpm
hp per litre 103.49 bhp per litre
bhp/weight 800.0 bhp per weight
torque 881.3 nm / 650.0 ft lbs @ 5750 rpm
drive wheels Front Engine
body / frame Carbon Fibre Body over Aluminum Honeycomb Tub w/Tubular T45 Steel Subframes
front brakes Vented Discs
f brake size 378 mm / 14.9 in
rear brakes Vented Discs
r brake size 273 mm / 10.7 in
front tire size F 285/35ZR18
rear tire size R 345/35ZR18
f suspension Double Wishbones w/Coil Shocks over Gas Dampers, Anti-Roll Bar
r suspension Double Wishbones w/Coil Shocks over Gas Dampers, Anti-Roll Bar
weight 1000 kg / 2205 lbs
wheelbase 2642 mm / 104.0 in
length 4300 mm / 169.3 in
width 1960 mm / 77.2 in
height 1100 mm / 43.3 in
top speed 386.2 kph / 240.0 mph
0 - 60 mph est 3.5 seconds

If that TVR was in solid Black It would be the new age Batmobile. lol

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear was quite inpressed by the Sagaris when he drove it for the show. He referred to is as the first proper handling TVR ever. It turned a 1:24.6 lap time which was the fastest of the non-supercars that they've tested.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I think that Speed 12 was deemed as being impossible to drive normally... its a harsh, brutal race car. you'd never be able to have as much fun in that, as in the Tuscan or Sagaris IMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.