New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i need some opinions, what is better for a 99 cougaa v6 mtx, a turbo or a supercharger? im thinking bout a supercharger. and for both , what is the best kind that i should get?, thnx

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
How much money you got...??

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: PURRRRRR
hey i need some opinions, what is better for a 99 cougaa v6 mtx, a turbo or a supercharger? im thinking bout a supercharger. and for both , what is the best kind that i should get?, thnx
In each case, you only have 1 choice. The only supercharger available at this time has been discontinued by the manufacturer (Vortech). So, your only chance of getting one is through a distributor that has one left in stock and/or getting one used. On the turbo side of things, Street Flight, LLC is the only maker of a production Turbo system that I know of. There has been a lot of chatter about ITS making a turbo system, but I haven't heard of anyonw with their kit installed. Perhaps Naynay will chime in with his take on their turbo system ... just don't expect any hard evidence like pictures ;)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
From what i remember, naynay got away from itsturbo and is having another company manufacture/install a turbo into his car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be out Dec 19th. The starting price will be $3,500 for the first 3 buyers. Once three people have come forward, the price will go back to $4,200.00. If anyone is interested they must PM me....our email is down while our website goes up. Again..... this is a money back gauantee!!

Thanks,
Stephen N Brown

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: naynay
It will be out Dec 19th. The starting price will be $3,500 for the first 3 buyers. Once three people have come forward, the price will go back to $4,200.00. If anyone is interested they must PM me....our email is down while our website goes up. Again..... this is a money back gauantee!!

Thanks,
Stephen N Brown
What does $3,500/$4,200 buy? Could you please be a little less vague and perhaps ... ummmm ... do a better job explaining what someone's hard earned money will go towards? Perhaps create a thread an link to it in each subsiquent reply to people asking these sorts of questions. Ideas for this thread would be:

1) explain what models it will and will not work with!
2) explain what all is included with the kit
3) explain what is not included
4) explain optional pieces that they can buy
5) pictures ... lots of pictures
6) before/after dynos

·
Registered
674 Posts
What trim is that turbo? What PSI is that wastegate for? How much will OIL lines cost? How much will tuning of the chip cost? What kind of Blow Off Valve? What about an FMU? What about the people with returnless style fuel systems?

·
Registered
832 Posts
39lb injectors will give about 340 max crank HP safely on stock fuel psi.

The SCT chip is the new big thing in custom chips. It's one of the most home user tunable chips out there, if you have the programmer but looks like he's buying the dealer kit and then using that to program chips for his kit. So it's very lucky for him that they're comming out now. The chips should be able to control the computer as good as a StreetFlight chip and they maybe the same just changed company names. So they will work for return or returnless fuel systems.

Few more details would be nice. Specifically are you gonna figure out a tune by yourself or have SCT figure it out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Seawulf.....i may have to pay you for the info you pass on for me. You guys.. i am max'd out with people calling and buying products from me, so when i am Vague in my answers that is why. I only get a few seconds to check into Neco....so sorry for the aggravation.

Oil lines are included in the kit......so is a 8psi spring in the EVO wastegate. I believe i have posted that the maker of all my products is Turbonetics.....so that goes for the BOV. SCT is figuring everything out right now with the Tuning. I will be able to fine tune if needed...i mainly did that because i will allways be changing things to get the most TQ and HP.

50 trim Turbo!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts