New Cougar Forum banner

Turbo install question........Seawulf

658 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Afterhours 
#1 ·
Hey seawulf, I've started my turbo install and I've noticed the oil separator (PCV assembly) really takes up a lot of space against the block. I didn't take that into consideration when I built the turbo manifold. It looks like I'll have to cut off and reposition the turbo flange to get the required clearence.

I was wondering if you left your oil separator in place or blocked it off and relocated you PCV valve. I'm just curious how you got around that problem.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yes, the oil separator is hitting my internal wastegate valve lever and the back of the turbine housing.
Damn it's tight back there...........:disgust: I think I'm going to use an external wastegate instead of the internal. A 35mm Tial is a better set-up than the internal wastegate and it'll also solve the clearance problem with the oil separater.

I can imagine what a ***** it would be to make any adjustments to the internal wastegate actuator rod with the limited clearence back there.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Nah.....I'm never too tired to answer questions Liebler...........:biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.