New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first of all hello to everyone .... i have a 2000 cougar and im going to do the tune up my self and need help . This is the first time im going to doit alone so ill need all ur suport ... i need to know how to change my brake pads (front and rear ),change the oil and the filter , next is the cooling sistem and the spark plugs .....
id be very gratefull for all ur help thanks again
o and its an mtx ok see u later:)
P.Sand what do i need to buy for everything :flushed:

G

·
ok to change brake pads take it to a dealer if you dont know how, its easy im sure but gettin those bolts for the calipers off is hell.

to change the oil build a small ramp over a lake or other body of water

next you take out the oil pan screw and let fully drain into lake or body of water

then you take off the filter and throw it in the lake (if your lucky you can hit a fish and cook it!)

oh yeah make sure there is a hole in the ramp! (you dont want that icky oil on yoru pretty ramp do ya?)

ok now put the new filter and the oil pan screw back in

now take the ouil cap off and fill the sucker up!!!

the end!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes iv done the search and i found nothing of use i still need help :(:cry:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you can't figure out on your own how to do this stuff with the information provided on NECO then I seriously recommend that you dont attempt to do this yourself!
Either get someone to teach you or get your dealership to do it for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well someone to teach me may be if my father was here when i doit but i dont think he will be because he works all day , my dealer well sorry but i dont have engouth money for them to doit here are the numbres
western auto $311.92
me $69.50
dealer im sure it will be more than western auto or pepboys

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Go to eBay and search for the Ford CD, it should only cost you about $15. Then go to amazon.com and order the Cougar book. Follow the instructions, and you will be fine.

Unfortunatly, it would take hours to explain everything involved in text. If you want, drop me a PM and we can swap phone numbers and I could explain what I know over the phone.

At this point, besides ALL my cosmetic changes, I removed and cleaned my upper intake manifold and throttle body, cleaned my lower intake manifold, plugs, wires, oil EVERY time, filters (air, fuel, oil), front brakes. I can't think of anything else at the moment. I am not trying to brag, I am just telling you what I have done myself on the Cougar, thus far.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks fett ill try to get the book from amazon dont worry abaut the phone because if u see it will be an internacional call i live in puerto rico so dont worry ill try and do my best at this if i see that i cant doit ill take it to western auto thanks anyway bye to all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts