New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got the cougar into storage after fixing some lighting problems...

Pic 1

Pic 2

and here is a list of everything i want to get done this winter... i've posted this on the wall as my inspriration to check them all off in the end :biggrin:

• Silicone holes for Rear Strut Bar (and others)
• Fix front battery connection (longer wire)
• Install 3rd brake light cover
• Relocate fuse box and clean up wiring
• Touch up exterior paint
• Clean underside of car and paint everything (body – black, exhaust – silver)
• Install front windshield banner
• Fill rear transmission mount with urethane
• Install two 8” interior neons
• Put all interior switches into overhead console
• Install rear battery cutoff switch
• Clean and recharge air filter
• Detail with rest of blue hose/wrap
• Add another hole and padding to secure battery in trunk
• Remove, clean, install trunk carpet
• Change MTX fluid
• Restick dash pieces
• Change out front brakes/pads
• Change out rear brakes/pads
• Restick front door inserts
• Do rear panel inserts in fabric
• Remove and clean front struts/bearings
• Remove and clean rear struts
• Grease front sway bar bushings
• Install hood lift kit
• Clean and reinstall side skirts
• Inspect bolts holding fenders on
• Change cabin air filter
• Change oil + filter
• Repaint OMP bar
• Sew small tear on drivers seat
• Replace screws on pillar pod
• Vacuum interior
• Reconfigure alarm
• Install blue LEDs in switches
• Repaint spark plug wire guides

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
you planning on washing it sometime? looks a little dirty lol. but sounds like you have a long winter ahead of you....hope you have a heater in that garage! cant wait to see it when all the plans are done.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
you might want to make sure to add "Put wheels on and put on lugnuts" before you take off in the spring... just an idea.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: mcon99

• Put all interior switches into overhead console
• Install hood lift kit
goooooooood luck with that switch one... heh, i relocated my sunroof switch OUT of there, and ran 4 neon switches up there and it is PACKED tighter than *insert slutty celebrity* 's bedroom :tongue:

also, you are in the same boat as I for those hood lifters... you have the stock hood, weighing in at over 40lbs, and Z3 fenders... all the people who have installed hood lifters, have the metal fenders, and i believe the Z3's aren't strong enough to support the weight of the hood. :(

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Matt, I just installed the hood lift kits on both mine and Josh's car today ( tucked in together ) and we both have the Z3 fenders and the stock hood. The Z3 fenders don't hold the weight, there is still a metal structure under the lip of the fiberglass fender so when you drill through, you drill through both the fiberglass and the metal below making it plenty sturdy. We cylced them up and down many times and slammed them down for drop tests. The fit is perfect and very sturdy.

Pics of the hood lift kits installed

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Ron, i love you! :biggrin:
I was kinda wavering on the issue... but you have shown me the light! halleluja! :wiggle:

I can't believe you guys are JUST tucking in your cars now... mines been stored since November :( i'm having driving withdrawls too... almost went out and bought a steering wheel / pedals for my PS2 :tongue: heh!

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Matt, you're cool and all, but please don't use those 3 words together towards me! I have shivers now! hehehehehe... :biggrin:

Actually, the cars did go in in November, we just didn't get everything finalized and prepped in the garage to start working on the cars until last week, that's all... I'm going crazy driving around my 1991 Dodge Caravan for 2 months now!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!!! How long till April?!?!?!?!?

Sigh.....

Go get the hood lift kit.... no problems!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
how come your filters are off? I'd rubber band some saran wrap over the intake openings so bugs or misc crap doesnt get inside

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
how come your filters are off? I'd rubber band some saran wrap over the intake openings so bugs or misc crap doesnt get inside
tho i didnt see him list clean the manifolds, im assuming he plans on doin that too

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tho i didnt see him list clean the manifolds, im assuming he plans on doin that too

nope.. manifolds were cleaned about 10000 kms ago... and the secondaries have been cracked open so there shouldn't be much oil buildup. saran wrap is a good idea, i am sure the TB though would stop most stuff from entering the engine... the filter needs a recharge, that is why it is off.

grrrr right now the center bolt of the rear trans mount is giving me problems... as in it won't budge. need to find more leverage :)

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Damn Josh! You spent the whole day on Saturday working on it while I did other stuff and you're still working on it!?!?!?!

Don't forget my key this weekend! Put saran wrap on mine too if you do yours and I hope you disconnected the battery charger, I'm sure my battery is full now and you can charge my super light.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Originally posted by: mcon99

nope.. manifolds were cleaned about 10000 kms ago... and the secondaries have been cracked open so there shouldn't be much oil buildup. saran wrap is a good idea, i am sure the TB though would stop most stuff from entering the engine... the filter needs a recharge, that is why it is off.

grrrr right now the center bolt of the rear trans mount is giving me problems... as in it won't budge. need to find more leverage :)
Get a hold of me thursday evening.... i'll get you the ultimate impact gun for that one bolt.... remembver the crank pulley bolt.... well 600 lbs of torque is amazing stuff :)

oh and Ron.... you ain't even felt a withdrawal yet.... try going 12 months.... then we'll talk cause you'll be nearing my 15 months without a road worthy cougar.....

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
If you're bored, you could always remove misc. bolts you forsee needing to remove in the future or something, apply some anti-sieze and reinstall them to make it easy on you later. I see from the pics your rotors around the wheel studs could use a light rub down with some scotch brite and some anti-sieze on that surface as well. using anti-sieze is a good practice, especially for your 'opposite of florida' climate. also what about gasoline stabilizer? does undesirable stuff happen to gas after it sits for 3 months?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts