New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
thats exactly why TAKE THE CAR TO THE TRACK and be positive that it is helping the cougar and not some pretty bling bling mod

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i totally understand what u mean about knowing where ur money goes, but as you also see for is selling stock control arms for $179 each, so paying a little bit more for the tubular a arms would be worth the upgrade.

didn't mean to jump on anyone on the last post sorry megail

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
its all good. i didn't realize stock ones were so expensive. i'm use to seeing control arms for a pair at less than 250, but then again thats for a fullsize chevy or s10 and a bagged vehicle, these are different in the way that they do more and more effort has gone into the design. makes sense that they'd be more. i hope they work for my application as well as those on the track.

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
RE:Tubular Lower Control Arms - What do you think?

adam, I do have to say those look amazing... makes me wish I bought some raffle tickets.

Theres no way I can afford something like that right now. Whats the deal if I want a set down the road [will they be always be availible, a one time fabrication, or occasional group buys].

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If enough interest is generated and when the final product is ready to be released and all 15 pairs sell, the product will always be available as well as other products released by GForce Automotive/Precision Racing Online.

--Adam

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would like to mention one thing...we have two different styles of lower control arms. Would you be making them for both or just one style (i.e. two bolt or four bolt)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
two bot are for our car and some contours but some CONTOURS have the 4 bolt a-arm,

COUGARS ARE 2 BOLT...

I AM IN

·
Registered
149 Posts
I beg to differ...I have and 02' cougar and it is a 4 bolt

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i am sorry i haven't been under a 01-02 cougar SORRY I stand corrected i am sorry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There has been too much controversy over the price, and frankly I wasn't going to make enough per pair to deal with it, so no we are not going to be producing these anytime soon. The Contour/Cougar communities have not shown the interest in performance that we had hoped for. :shrug:

--Adam

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Don't worry too much, we do plan to release the products later this year ;)

--Adam

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah let me just GIVE you the proprietary material for our exclusive product so that you can bypass the R&D stage and undercut our prices. :crazy:

--Adam

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
drat..

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Originally posted by: fordrule
i totally understand what u mean about knowing where ur money goes, but as you also see for is selling stock control arms for $179 each, so paying a little bit more for the tubular a arms would be worth the upgrade.

didn't mean to jump on anyone on the last post sorry megail
I think BAT sells the 2 bolt ones for $55, so $110 a pair compared to $500 is a big difference. You would really have to see a huge difference in performance to justify $500!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts