New Cougar Forum banner

tubular control arms vs wheelhop?

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  KrisCougar650 
#1 ·
whats the word with the tubular control arms and wheelhop? would these be the mod which would eliminate the suspension weakness and eliminate wheelhop for good? or is it something else?

(assuming you already have solid motor mounts)

#2 ·
When i installed my StangKilller LCA's i noticed a dramatic decrease in wheel hop It allmost completely eliminated it. No that i have filled roll resistors ive dumped the clutch from 3-5krpm with no hop. But this is with an almost stock engin...intake exhaust svt uim lim and tb with a quaife.

#3 ·
i noticed a dramatic decrease in wheel hop with my solid front motor mount...(solid metal replacement part)

now with a poly fill rear and some LCAs i am hoping it will do the trick.

#5 ·
and mine look great sitting on my work desk.

#7 ·
I dont get any wheel hop either on my stock atx.

#8 ·
I have noticed that ATX's dont suffer from wheel hop as much. Probably because of the less power, heavier overall drivetrain assembly and different mounts.

entirely stock MTX v6 cougars will suffer from wheelhop. It has nothing to do with the FI, however it may become a serious problem with FI lol.

#12 ·
fordrule said:
can u still get LCA's from stang killer
thats who made all of ours. to be honest, I have not seen him on the boards for a really long time.

theres an alternative set out there also that some of the CEG guys have started trying. its for the mondeo that they have been importing... its ugly as ****, but hey.

#13 ·
How does the Mondeo one compare to the StangKiller one performance-wise? Is it a GB over there?

#14 ·
GI8U2racing said:
How does the Mondeo one compare to the StangKiller one performance-wise? Is it a GB over there?

no no, its not the stock mondeo one we are talking about... someone made a mondeo replacement one that also happens to fit our cars. no group buy and expect to spend as much as stangkiller [and I believe a new set of stock replacements is also about the same price].

if your curious head over to CEG and look in suspension from a few weeks ago, you'll see me post a photo of stangkiller's and CEG being suprised that such a thing actually existed, lol kinda funny the seperation of knowledge bases between our groups.

#15 ·
#16 ·
I have stangkillers phone number if anyone would like me to call and see if their still available but if no one is actually interested in puchasing them i dont want to waste his time...He built a quality product for our cars and no one bought it...

#17 ·
Danef150 said:
He built a quality product for our cars and no one bought it...
yes he built a very high quality product. he also did very little to advertise that it existed [CEG being oblivious to its existance is a good indication]. And to be perfectly honest, there are very few people on this board that this is practical for. I think he sold quite a few of them given those restrictions.

#18 ·
Danef150 said:
I have stangkillers phone number if anyone would like me to call and see if their still available but if no one is actually interested in puchasing them i dont want to waste his time...He built a quality product for our cars and no one bought it...
Call him, please. I bought a set from him back in February and haven't heard from him in over a month.

#19 ·
Just to let anyone interested in getting these know he is going to make about 4-5 more sets of the tubular LCA's in the near future. I would like to ask one of the moderators to maybee do a sticky for this post or one like it so that maybee the info on getting these things will be more readily available. Mike told me once that if enough interest ever became available he would even consider working on a set of traction bars for our cars.
Jameson

#21 ·
very intersted. i need to replace my bushing anyways..i might aswell get those as a replacement

#23 ·
YOu can definitly count me in on some LCAs. I say we try and get a GB rolling both here and on CEG.

#24 ·
The last i remembered the cost was quite reasonable. We might be able to get a groupe buy going. I think there might be a small issue, StangKiller like yourself and Pole120 do this in your spare time. Also alot of SVT contours have the 4bolt LCA. These are only for the 2 bolt lca's. But i am sure that alot of people would be interested. GMK pm me if you want StangKillers number. you have a name on here so if you say something people will actually listen.
Jameson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.