New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

Since going to the track, I have decided to change the original plugs, and wires...helped alot...imagine that...also been "tested" on the street several times since buying my cougar...guess all those big bad V-8's are intimidated by my dual exhaust.......Ha Ha...So far I have been jumped by a 00 Mustang GT, 68 or69 Chevelle, an old IROC-Z, couple of Preludes(early 90's) and several civic's.....actually have faired pretty well in these races and gained a little respect for the cougar...beat the preludes, and civic's pretty easily......got the IROC by about half to 3/4 of a car.....the 00 GT driver sucked cause we were side by side up till about 80 when we shut down due to traffic and he should have killed me...the Chevelle jumped me at a light and by the time i hit 2nd he was about a half a car in front and traffic was slowing us both down....oh well all in all being the only cougar owner to ever show at the local hang out's and race gatherings I have gained some respect for the car.....

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Christ on a bike, why can't I have your kind of luck? I went trolling for an hour and a half the other night, and all I got was some full size Chevy truck that I jumped me off the line, a Prelude with an intake I was two car lengths ahead of by 40 (and that [censored] didn't come NEAR me for the rest of his trip down that long stretch of road) and some nasty ass Suburban with straight pipes and a nasty sounding V-8. Not exactly what I'd call A-grade material.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know if it is luck or not......There are just plenty of so called fast ricers that hang out all over the place so when me and my gro go looking for a little fun they all ignore him and jump on me...I guess they know they cant hang with him, so they think they can smoke me instead...lessons hard learned for them so far...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Norcalcoug drives my SVT hybrid right now since his cougars trans is down......He tells me about a new race he had almost every day with some punk who doesn;t know what hes getting into...I wish i had his type of luck....but atleast hes defending the honor of my SVT.

The best i got, was a GT Mustang and an E36 M3 romp that ended with me 5 cars in front of him at 155 MPH.......Anyways, good luck, wish i had your luck!

Lupe

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: Rozwell911CSVT
Norcalcoug drives my SVT hybrid right now since his cougars trans is down......He tells me about a new race he had almost every day with some punk who doesn;t know what hes getting into...I wish i had his type of luck....but atleast hes defending the honor of my SVT.

The best i got, was a GT Mustang and an E36 M3 romp that ended with me 5 cars in front of him at 155 MPH.......Anyways, good luck, wish i had your luck!

Lupe
I hate you all. I haven't had one good race against anything of worth since I've had this car. The closest I came was when an RX-8 got all revvy at a stop light on me, but I was in a bad mood and didn't feel like racing him. From then on, its been [censored].

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys..all I can say is bring em to the big city of Easley or Greenville, S Carolina on any weekend and the ricer punks will be lined up and waiting.....They are almost annoying around here...everyone has a civic or prelude or crx........we even have the kia's all canned out....but we also have the idiot's with their "muscle cars" that wanna jump on anything they are supposed to beat...I just can't wait to get some serious mod's and them watch the look on their faces when they jump and I really kill them..

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I guess I am officially shifting from being a Cougar owner to being a 5.0 owner....because reading people talk about how fast their Cougar is just makes me laugh.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
I guess I am officially shifting from being a Cougar owner to being a 5.0 owner....because reading people talk about how fast their Cougar is just makes me laugh.
I understand my Cougar will never be a "fast" car . . . :shrug: if I had that much of a hard-on for racing, I would have bought something else. I do think it is fast enough though, and I'm glad I got a second lease on life with it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
im not big on the cougar being fast i just want to test it out!! i like going fast and working on cars so thats the reason im doing so much. im not worried about racing it. i got something already for that. psh!!! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, I never claimed to be almighty fast..if you look close i even said the bad drivers made me look good against superior performance competition....I just enjoy catching the doubters off guard, and it's mostly ricers with their cans and no clue....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett

Awww...someone doesn't feel good about themselves..:( So when others post there accomplishments, no matter how small, you have to put them down to feel better...:biggrin: LMAO...J/k

Having an SVT hybrid is fun....but I know how to lose gracefuly when it happens...well.....soon there will be a lot less out there, that can keep up with me:evil:

Lupe G.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: KnappstamaN
street racing is what i would call getting respect. Street racing is so dumb, please dont do it anymore.
I'm assuming there is supposed to be a "not" before "what I would call getting respect". Because if there wasn't . . . yeah. Christ I wish people could type.

·
Registered
196 Posts
street racing is what i would call getting respect. Street racing is so dumb, please dont do it anymore.
The last thing i need to hear is how dumb street racing is.........Im sorry, im not like the hundreds of other stupid 17-20 year olds that go down two lane roads every friday and saturday night with a group of 10 or 20 cars..........

I use to do it on a regualr basis till i was 18 when i saw a motorcycle go under my friends mustang with the driver.....Now the only time you see me there is if im driving by to get my frineds house or going home (most street races happen near my house).

Every other time (with the exception of the M3 i raced) was from 70-100...not safe i admit, but still better than what some of these stupid people do....and believe me ....it happens to me maybe 1 every 2 months....most of the time im driving my Jeep Liberty.

Lupe

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Want respect...see the big bald guy over there and race for pinks :)
J/K...had to be done

The last time I was out in the Coug I was jumped by a pair of Civics....lame. The best one so far was the stock S10 who thought he could hang through a set of S curves at speed with me. We have a "crew" of guys around here who drive mostly white cars with yellow accents. I ran one a while back going to work ( think it was a old 4 dr dodge something) and didn't even have to try. I was on the phone through the entire thing. I saw on the news the next morning where he tried the same thing again and ended up putting the car upside down in a ditch on the same road.

the next week he was at it again...in another white/yellow beater..,.still can't drive

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I love it - the "High and Mighty" street racing is bad...I don't street race... You're trying to tell me that if you pull up next to someone in say a riced-out HonDUH and he's revving at you and there's nobody on the road, that you're not gonna race?:bs:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
From the forum description:
FastCougar.com and NewCougar.org does not condone illegal street racing! As such, harsh replies to such stories can and should be expected!
This doesn't stop me from posting my stories, but don't start an argument with someone because they don't support your illegal behavior.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Originally posted by: BigBalledOX
I'm assuming there is supposed to be a "not" before "what I would call getting respect". Because if there wasn't . . . yeah. Christ I wish people could type.
First sentence was sarcasm.... I guess for some people i have to put *'s around it and an emoticon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.