New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site almost 10 years ago and use it to track maintenance, repairs, and mileage. I find it much easier than a file folder of invoices or even a custom spreadsheet. Service intervals can be adjusted and/or edited. Here's a few screen shots. I like the service ticklers it provides at a glance.

When I've sold vehicles, I export a .csv file and print off for the new owner.

Let me know what you think.

Mileage Tracker

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,394 Posts
I track all of my fuel economy data at fuelly.com. So rather than always updating several different websites for whatever, I just make a note in the field on there, at the subsequent fuel-up, to record what kind of stuff I did during this tank of fuel. Oil changed, new wheel bearings, swapped in a 3.0, stuff like that. And since the mileage is captured each time for fuel economy purposes, it keeps everything organized. For me.

·
Administrator
24,394 Posts
Well, it's just become a habit; I track all of my cars, so pretty much every time I fill up, I grab the receipt, take a camera-phone shot of the gauge cluster and enter the info later on.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's just become a habit; I track all of my cars, so pretty much every time I fill up, I grab the receipt, take a camera-phone shot of the gauge cluster and enter the info later on.
Not a bad practice. I just do it the low tech way at each fill up.

·
5,257 Posts
I use an app called "Simply Auto" on my Android phone. pop the receipt on the cluster and take a picture so it captures everything, and that photo is the 'receipt' in the app, and I add the mileage, cost per gallon, and quantity while the tank is filling. Unfortunately, while it will track service and repairs, I don't actually track that, I just keep it in a physical folder by saving receipts.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Problem is people like service records, not some website where you put stuff in. If you have a folder in the glovebox with everything you bought, your car will become much more valuable in a time of resale.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is people like service records, not some website where you put stuff in. If you have a folder in the glovebox with everything you bought, your car will become much more valuable in a time of resale.
I'm sure some people prefer pouring over years of service records but I don't. I'd much prefer a printout, or ideally both, especially considering some people (like me) prefer turning their own wrenches.

·
Administrator
24,394 Posts
If ya never sell ya car, you don’t need to worry about resale value...

Also resale value LOL for CDW-27

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
five hundred dolla

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Yeah, even in other vehicles, I'm not sure a glovebox full of receipts provides a whole lot of value anyway.
They might make the sale easier for some buyers, but there's no field on the KBB or NADA websites for a packet of receipts.

There is certainly value for me as the owner though, and that looks like it might a better option than the little notebook I currently use.

Reactions: JustToddSC
1 - 11 of 11 Posts