New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not exactly sure thats what they would be called..but they hold up the cover behind the rear seats. Well, when I bought my Cougar they were broke, the slot where the back cover slides into are broken off, and I dont have the pieces that fell off, to atleast glew them back lol. So does anyone know where I can get another set? It's annoying to look at :disgust:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
wth r u talkin about? ur thread is titled trunk light, then ur talkin about the cover :rofl:. have you tried contacting your dealer maybe?

otherwise, just go to a junk yard, or maybe someone on here has a parts car in the FS section that has them, or someone might go get them at their junkyard for u, charge u a lil bit more tho than what they cost them but at least you'll get them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, I'm talking about the light inside of the trunk, which holds up the cover. I guess I could have described it better..:tongue:. I didnt contact a dealer yet, I was hoping to get one off the internet, since its always cheaper lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The part that the cover slides into is snapped off, so it doesnt fit right. I'll have to check tomorrow if my "Cover" even has those strings that keep it up. I just threw the thing in the trunk lol.

I just checked, and it seem my cover is well, pretty much broken lol. Underneath the cover on the sides, it looks like a piece that is supposed to be there, broke T.T. Lots of glue is on there and I dont even know what part is supposed to be there! gah..thats great lol.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The part that the cover slides into is snapped off, so it doesnt fit right. I'll have to check tomorrow if my "Cover" even has those strings that keep it up. I just threw the thing in the trunk lol.

I just checked, and it seem my cover is well, pretty much broken lol. Underneath the cover on the sides, it looks like a piece that is supposed to be there, broke T.T. Lots of glue is on there and I dont even know what part is supposed to be there! gah..thats great lol.
Sorry man but i have to ask... Do you always have to say lol all the time?

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
The light is mine, but you can have the plastic piece that you need for the cost of shipping. I am adding another light to the other side of the trunk so I can actually see in side the damn thing. How do people actually break these things anyway? :confused:

·
Registered
865 Posts
No idea....maybe they set something heavy on the cargo cover? I don't think the trunk lights work wortha sh!t so I replaced my light with two neons. Works very well and completely illuminates the entire trunk area. I took out the factory (get so freaking hot it burns to even get near it and yet only puts out enough light to illuminate 2 square inches) light and filled that spot, then used the wires for the factory light to power my two neons and I installed the neons on the underside of my cargo cover.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Paul and JayZee...maybe you guys should try to read what the guy is saying. I think he means this part that Drew just got from Crispy...in the upper right...

--george
otherwise, just go to a junk yard, or maybe someone on here has a parts car in the FS section that has them, or someone might go get them at their junkyard for u, charge u a lil bit more tho than what they cost them but at least you'll get them.
george, did you not read all of my post? :rofl:

while im at it, why dont u just put "--george" right in the beginning of your sig? i mean, that is what it's there for. :rofl::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
george, did you not read all of my post? :rofl:

while im at it, why dont u just put "--george" right in the beginning of your sig? i mean, that is what it's there for. :rofl::rolleyes:

Woah there, don't pick on --george. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.