New Cougar Forum banner

Trubendz sound w/magnaflow

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  _WZ 
#1 ·
I currently have a muffler delete on the stock exhaust, it sounds okay, but I’m looking for something more professional. The only option I found was trubendz and it’s a good price for me. Does anybody have any experience how it sounds? Better than the stock muffler delete? Next step is high flow cat too, if anyone has any recommendations for that as well.

#2 ·
Trubendz sounds pretty boomy and harsh in my experience. The muffler is way up by the catalytic converter, with nothing but straight pipe all the way back, so they get a nasty rasp. Best to add in a small resonator or some kind of straight-through muffler in the back, up under the rear bumper; that mellows it out and gives it the European V6 noise you want.

Reactions: JustToddSC
#5 ·
Nah, on a stock system, that's the muffler lunchbox up under the back bumper, and a straight-through resonator in the middle under the center console. As long as you have something in both spots, the sound will be nice - no drone, no rasp. If you only have one, it should be the one at the back end, but the Trubendz system is just the opposite. I just installed mine today and it's pretty harsh compared to my resonated Borla.

Reactions: JustToddSC
#6 ·
New to the board - I know this is an old thread but thought I would add to it. I used the TruBendz 2.25" pipe with a resonator in the factory location and a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler in the factory muffler location. Sounds pretty decent - no drone and not too loud. The car is a 2002 XR that is completely stock - only modification is the exhaust. I do think it lost a little torque by going to the larger pipe but it's not terrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.