New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Cougar with a weird issue. The issue is hard to describe, so I am really looking for a definition of a CEL code. The code is PO708, Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input. One issue is: If you're driving (25-30MPH), and you floor the gas and let off, the car will surge forward, drop off, and surge one more time, all within a second or two. It seems like it's shifting down and up or up and back down, I'm not really sure. So basically for now if we could just figure out what this CEL code could be.

PS- I have reset the code twice, and it comes back within 2-3 days.

Thank you very much for you knowledge and wisdom!

·
I love lamp
2,612 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan, I will check out info about the range sensor to see if it is something I can replace myself. I will post results and pictures in this thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had some new problems today. The same old jerking problem is still there from time to time (Much worse at highway speeds, pretty much cannot drive on highway right now) but I have more trouble lights to go along with it. The CEL is still on, same old 708 range sensor code, but now the O/D light flashes and the transaxle malfunction light comes on. The lights do go off after a while if I drive really passively. Hope this helps......:crazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MLPS should be here tomorrow. $75 from the dealer, found it online for $45. The part number is 6L8Z-7F293-AA for the 2000 6 cyl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts