New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Hey Cat...just to add my .02......the problems that I was havin with my cup spiller, before the console swap, was that the spiller wasn't high enough on the cup. I'm not sure if this was just mine or not but just thought I'd throw that in there......

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same, here, only things the spiller will hold are shorter things like pop cans, anything else is too high and becomes top heavy during turns making it spill.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
maybe someone can find a way to mod it to make it taller, and so that it doesn't collapse as easy? That's a problem I have with mine. I have a cup in there, and the cup-spiller just collapses back down, leaving nothing to hold the cup.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hey thats a good idea. But as for trying to make use of the holder......I spent about 1 1/2 weeks trying to figure out a way to get the thing to lock, extend higher, tilt only one direction, and even just stay put without moving....nothing works. Spring loaded just makes it flip out and snap the wrong direction, and vise versus. Lengthening the track just makes it easier to tip because there is no base anyways. SO I just bought a new one after destroying the original in a high speed fling out the window.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe, you could JB Weld the thing up and in place so it doesn't move. Of course that defeats the purpose of the original design, but if you use it a lot then you wont care because you always have it up anyway.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's an abbreviation for Soda Pop, which is the correct term for soft drinks such as Pepsi/etc. It is derived from Soda Water which is a carbonated water which then has a syrup product added to it to create soft drinks like Pepsi/ect, and then the name Soda Pop is shortened/abbreviated to Pop. Thus Soda Pop or it's shortened version Pop are the correct terms for soft drinks such as Pepsi/etc.

Cola and all other names for Soft Drinks such as Pepsi/etc are just abbreviations of the names companies used for their products, thus are slang terms and not appropriate english.

;)

:tongue:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Originally posted by: Cat88Extreme
It's an abbreviation for Soda Pop, which is the correct term for soft drinks such as Pepsi/etc. It is derived from Soda Water which is a carbonated water which then has a syrup product added to it to create soft drinks like Pepsi/ect, and then the name Soda Pop is shortened/abbreviated to Pop. Thus Soda Pop or it's shortened version Pop are the correct terms for soft drinks such as Pepsi/etc. Cola and all other names for Soft Drinks such as Pepsi/etc are just abbreviations of the names companies used for their products, thus are slang terms and not appropriate english. ;) :tongue:
if slang terms are not apropriate english...why do you call it pop.

i have never ever seen the word pop printed on a can but have see the word soda on it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Originally posted by: Aries
maybe someone can find a way to mod it to make it taller, and so that it doesn't collapse as easy? That's a problem I have with mine. I have a cup in there, and the cup-spiller just collapses back down, leaving nothing to hold the cup.
Really? Weird. Mine when I fold it up and try to put it back down in the console, I have to whack it with my fist. Instead of click un-locking nicely, it feels like its trying to jam on something. I'm about 70% sure its going to break really soon.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
Really? Weird. Mine when I fold it up and try to put it back down in the console, I have to whack it with my fist. Instead of click un-locking nicely, it feels like its trying to jam on something. I'm about 70% sure its going to break really soon.

I think I can shed some light on why yours and my cup spiller are difficult to put back into the folded position in the dash. ... It is due to all the pop (ie: Dew) and coffee (ie: D&D) caught in the track that are holding the spiller in its upright position.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: Neil
Mine used to do the same thing....I suggest just doin a console swap :biggrin: I LOVE my CUP HOLDER now :biggrin:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
*cough back on topic*

that CD holder is a GREAT IDEA...

DEATH to the cupspiller!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
im thinking about doing some custom fiberglassing and just covering it.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
pop! LMAO!!!! some of us are not over 50yrs old! lol.

in any case, i've also seen it use as a switch thing where someone had like 5 switches on there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never heard anyone call a pop a "soda" in my life, and I'm 22. Seems like soda would be the 50 yr old thing to say what with all those boomers going to the ice cream parlors.... soda.... just sounds crazy all I can think of is someone with a minnesota accent saying it so-o-o-da .... fargo flashback..... *shudders*

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lol at pop, the first time I heard that was in fl in the military. A guy from Mich called it that. I had the dumbest look on my face when I heard him call it pop. What I don't get is why is every type of soda called pop?? M. Dew, Pepsi, Coke, Dr. Pepper, everything is pop!? WTF is that about, lol. Just to set the record straight, its not pop its soda;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is so funny ive never heard of anyone bringing up a thread from over a year ago that had nothing to do with the topic at all. Nevermind it happens all the time what am i saying. But i had to add to this just cuz it was so funny, EVERYTHING is coke! Dr. Pepper, Sprite and Pepsi. Everything is coke. I dont like that whole POP and SODA crap, its just COKE!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.