New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this doesn't really pertain that much to cougars but I want to vent. Last night I show up at my friends house after work for a Civic auto-5 speed conversion. We have 5 guys working on the car at one time and are flying. We started at about 11:30 and dropped the auto at about 2:30. We bolt on the flywheel, and get ready to put the clutch on, and it's not fitting.....we try and try again. Eventually we pull off the flywheel and try to get the pressure plate onto it, off car. No luck, the flywheel is not lining up at all. There are 3 studs on the flywheel and one will go in, one is close, and the other is about a 1/4" off??? We look at another D series clutch which we have in the corner of the garage and it's defiantly the right clutch. Must be the flywheel. We ended up calling the guy we bought it from (off of e-bay) at 3 in the morning.......so the car is in the garage on jackstands half done.....but no tranny. I guess the moral of the story is be careful of the used stuff you buy off of e-bay.

Side note.....anyone drop their tranny in their Cougar, just wondering if it's gonna be 10x harder than on other cars....like the cougar always is.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Originally posted by: JohnnyRed
just wondering if it's gonna be 10x harder than on other cars....like the cougar always is.
HA ha ha! :rofl: Ain't it the truth. God bless FoMoCo!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
wow dude, that sucks. hope it gets done! good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts