New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys traded-in your Cougar for another car, if so, how much were you able to get for it? I have a '00 Cougar with 60K miles, V6, 5spd, with basically everything and the only problems are that my sunroof is dead and the rear bumper has to be replaced (big dent on it). Webites like Edmunds say that for an "average condition" car like mine, the dealer trade-in is about $5,000. The dealer I took my car to is saying that they'll give me $4,500 for it, what do you guys think? I'm sure I could get a bit more if I sell it privately but not sure how much more.

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

(Admins, I wasn't sure where to post this, my apologies if it's posted in the incorrect forum; feel free to move it.)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Word of warning ... with the current employee pricing crap out there (maybe the reason you want to buy a new car?), used cars are not selling as well as normal. Therefor, dealers are offering less that usual for trade ins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, I've been around for a while, I just don't post much at all, hence the "newbie" status. But the site has always been very informative :)

Believe it or not, the dealer actually was offering $3,500 at first, eventually they offered $4,500 for it, but wouldn't budge at all after that. I'm sure that they'll sell it at a much higher price tag, but that's with every other car they get as a trade-in. I"m going to try to sell it on my own (I have a month till I get the new car) but fixing the sunroof and the rear bumper would cost too much I think. How much would you guys pay for a Cougar with a bumper cover that needs to be replaced and a non-working sunroof (besides that, the car runs as good as new)?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would say that is a good price. I am a dealer, and I traded my cougar in recently it was an 02 with every option w/ 50 on the clock. I got 7400 for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.