New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost embarrased to admit I beat it, but this guy just had it coming.

He was weaving in and out of traffic like he was Mika Hakkinen or Juan Pablo Montoya. I was out ahead of him in front of the traffic and was watching it all unfold in my rear view mirror.

Finally he gets up with me and evens out with me like he wanted to race or something. The red light ahead detered any attempt at a running start, so I figured I'd just get him at the light. I stay on the inside lane and he stays on the outside and we were both first in line with nothing but open highway in front of us (we were headed out of city to more rural area).

The biggest thing was when he started 'revving' what little engine he had at me, I didn't even bother answering with a rev back.

What made it more hilarious is that he looked exactly like that guy from The Offsprings song 'Pretty Fly for a White Guy'... I mean the simularties were unbelievable.

Finally the light turn green, and I eased into it (have an ATX) before stomping on it, and proceeded to hand him my taillights. I only bothered getting up to speed limit of 55 before I eased off. Even then, it still took him time to catch up with me.

Ok, there, I admitted it. *whew*

Does anyone even have any specs on the Echo? Like engine size, times?

The only apparent mod he had was the over-stressed sounding stock stereo blaring out some unknown gangsta-rap song.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
People can be so stupid, from what I found, it has a 1.5 liter I4, with a whopping 108hp.

Found more stuff (this is all off of superpages.com)
"Though Echo's engine is no powerhouse, curb weights are around 2000 pounds--among the lightest in the class--so acceleration is almost briskwith manual shift and decent with automatic; our test automatic 4-door clocked 9.8 seconds 0-60 mph."

Better watch out for those Manuals!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
nice kill...if i were u, i would have reved back at him...he probablly would have wet his pantsn

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told you man, the guy had it coming! Dodging in and out of traffic.

Then had the NERVE to rev at me at the light.... I had to!

The voices in my head made me!

I knew the cars were light, but not almost 1,000 lbs lighter than ours... Maybe Mercury could look into shaving some weight.

G

·
ok the echo's ok, but keep your pants on when that kid on the BMX makes revving sound to you next time

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your never gonna believe this, but I saw that guy AGAIN today, doing the same sh!t, weaving in and out of traffic and acting like an ass.

The only thing that stopped a repeat performance on my part is that I was turning off the road before he got to me. All he did was honk his horn at me as he drove by.

You have no idea how hard it was for me to fight the feeling of wanting to smoke him again....

And this time not let up at just 55.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm telling you, I'm not picking on the car, ITS THE DRIVER!!!!

I can just tell in the back of his mind, he thinks he's driving a Supra....

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was driving through my hood yesterdaqy when I seen this kid on a powerwheels weaving in between pwoplw on the sidewalk. I figured, I need to teach this dude a lesson. I waited at the stop sign for him to catch up. He looked, I nodded, he took off, I smoked the tires to to show him I have a better ride than his. I gave him the wave out the window and continued on my way, knowing that I may have saved this kid from becoming a ricer one day.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, prevenative measures, the best way to stop rice!!

If we can get to these kids at a very young age while they're still forming opinions, we could save alot of lives from the dangers of rice!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.