New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from a friends house tonight at 4am. I was driving along and all of the sudden, THUNK! I thought either somone had thrown a rock at me or I hit somthing. I drove up a bit and pulled over only yo find that I had the worst smelling rotten egg hit me. I went and washed it immediately, however the point of impact took a horrendous chunk of paint out, sort of.

Right where the egg hit the pant is ok, but all around it there a chips taken out and it is very noticeable. Im looking to buy some touch up paint I guess from Paintscratch. Ive never done any touch up work before and Ive got some questions. Is it ok for me to get some of the clearcoat and basecoat that I order on the parts that arent screwed up? I do I have to be very precise on the parts that I need touching up? Also do I need a primer?

Also any other advice or how to on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
That sucks. When a car gets hit my an egg the mark is unmistakeable. I got hit by one years ago, and I identified one at CF. All those tiny little chips.

I guess you can either get touch up from paintscratch or somebody else, but your dealer should be able to sell you touch-up, which may be more expensive though. I was lucky enough for them to actually give me paint. As for primer, you don't need that. In terms of applying it, Griot's garage has a good application system.

G

·
you were lucky it was your paint....I was in the celebration when Korean won against....spain I think...I was in korean Town in T.O, and smash...some spainish kid threw an egg in my car, my windows were both down, and it almost hit my girlfriend in the passenger sit...my back seat is all messed up....and it was extremely hot that day...talk bout smell....I could even clean the car out until after I go home, which was like 8 hrs later....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My window was partially down, they just missed it too. Point of impact was right infront of the passenger side door handle. Any idea how much it would cost to have professionaly touched up? Thinking about maybe having it done when I get my tail light covers painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts