New Cougar Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Nope, 8-bit AVR for now. Atmega2560 100-BGA, to be exact. Depending on how well Revision B performs, I may have to upgrade to something with a bit more power, like an ARM (raspberry Pi level processor).

·
Registered
779 Posts
Couldn't you configure the raspberry pi to take commands via USB to an android device, then write the GUI app in ruby on rails?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
779 Posts
Also, how are you implementing the vacuum controls via a small logic board? Tldr, sorry.

I'm thinking a rack of linear motor diaphragm vacuum solenoids would be the way to go.

And I'm guessing your using the thermostat from some donor with auto climate?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
S20160619_007.jpg
S20160619_005.jpg
S20160617_001.jpg
IMAG1731.jpg
IMAG1743.jpg
Ive finished my 4th revision of the slave board. Im currently waiting on a crimping tool so i can make cables that can actually plug in to the JST connector, then it will be on to testing. I moved the boost converter from the master to the slave to save room on the master board. The master board now contains a OBD-II J1850 PWM transceiver as well as a db9 port to connect to the diagnostic port of the car. I have accomplished this through the implementation of the STN1110.

Im very happy with how the slave board has turned out. It is very compact and will be able to easily fit by the displays in the gauge cluster. I used desecrate 0402 size smd components as often as I could which allowed me to keep the board similar in size as the second revision.

To answer KAOS_2.5M questions:
Im no longer planning on controlling the HVAC system. I should probably move this build log to a new thread since it has evolved into something different than originally intended.

As for your other question, the controller board i am designing is based off a 8-bit AVR which cant run linux, only hard coded C. However, the slave boards are 3.3V compatible so if your wanted to design an interface on the raspberry pie, you could definitely do that.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I didn’t even realize until after I had seen the date my bad
You're not the first person to make that mistake, nor will you be the last. Welcome to NECO, we're just happy to see new people join.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts