New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of my ongoing process of teaching myself C++ and PCB development, ive decided to make a touch screen LCD to replace the stock HVAC controls. Im almost finished with the firmware and im starting on the board that will control the vacuums actuators, fan speed, and temp.

I thought id share a few pics and get some input from the community :)

IMG_0657.jpg IMG_0656.jpg IMG_0658.jpg

This is a ongoing project and ill post updates as i progress.

·
Registered
301 Posts
that looks neat. any idea on where and how your going to mount it ? also would you make more then one? maybe sell it ?

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
WOW! Very creative and impressive. I can't wait to see the final product.

:wiggle:

·
8,512 Posts
That's pretty neat. Nice!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on mounting it right in the middle where the current hvac controls are. Once I get a template made I could duplicate it easily.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Are you going to make it so the dimmer switch will work?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I think for those of use that can handle a little fiberglass project, we'd be very interested in buying one of these. Keep us updated, very interested to see how this comes out.

You should add the Cougar symbol as a start up splash screen for when you first turn the car on. That'd be awesome.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think for those of use that can handle a little fiberglass project, we'd be very interested in buying one of these. Keep us updated, very interested to see how this comes out.

You should add the Cougar symbol as a start up splash screen for when you first turn the car on. That'd be awesome.
haha ok there you go pip IMG_0717-1.jpg

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
So what controller are you using for this, an Arduino?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes sir. Ive been developing the software on a Mega2560 but when i build the finished board i want to use a Atmel SAM3X8E or similar processor with a faster clock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
animations how? I inverted the gradient on the buttons when you press on them so they appear pressed down.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Neat. I have some projects in mind for an Arduino board, but am new to programming. Are you on your own for making a shield board or is there a place you can just buy kits for different purposes?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts