New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is that I bought a WRX to be able to compete in autocross, but also get around in winter weather. The Cougar was only a summer car, so I didn't pay much attention to winter abilities. What I was told was this. If I turn the WRX into a competitive STX class car, then I can forget getting around in the winter. The reason being would be that adding heavier swaybars and springs will kill the cars ability to go in the snow, even AWD? We arent talking ground clearance, but simple traction? Any word or experience with this problem?

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
Try checking Solo2.Org. There are several people running WRXs on there, most of which are peoples daily drivers. They may able to help you more than most of the people on here

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
ssix, locam a former NECO member owns a WRX as well. He intends on getting the Tien coilover suspensions with the computer controlled suspension package. PM him for more info.

IT's sick the amount of mods a WRX has available for them. Oh and invest on the Utech computer controller, it's worth the money. He got an additional 30 HP just from dyno tuning.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
you can get the KW Suspensions Variant 3 Coilover kit.. MSRP of around $2200 for full INOX stainless steel construction. Even higher quality that the vaunted Tein....

Nikolas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts