New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that i have the speed limiter at 112, or is it 115? anyway i know i dont have the sport package because i have a rev limiter at 4k. ive never gotten over 90 before but i decided to go fast the other day i got up to 120 and i was like "this is weird" my tires are rated for 149 mph so i was ok there but i wanted to keep my license so i slowed down. i was going downhill but that wouldnt make the limiter not work or would it?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If you for sure don't have the sport package, then your speedometer is off. You will definitely fill the limiter kick in.

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Unless chipped I believe all cougs are rev limited at 6750...non-sport are governed at 110-115...

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have made 120, the governor kicked in. I want to change that SO badly. Even though i do not regularly drive that fast, the fact that I am being limited sucks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i rock the sport package and i got my coog to 167 when i shifted into od

·
Registered
301 Posts
no

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
One early morning around 2 me and my friend were out just driving and i wanted to see if my Cougar could hit 150 like the speedo can go. So as i was getting on the high-way i took her to the max (just around 6000) in every gear than into 5th and hit 150 on the reg speedo and i had the digital one up and it was also at 150mph. I have the sports package, but it went to quick b/c i was going down hill, but i hit 150 and thats all i wanted to do. If you search "top speed" you will find my post with about 80 posts with it about top speeds!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Originally posted by: benjaminallen84
i rock the sport package and i got my coog to 167 when i drove off a cliff
sorry bud, that's about the only way that car will go that fast.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i was joking notice the "shifted into od"

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
I was coming from my cousins place at around 3am & I was wondering that day if my zetec could actually hit 150, which I knew it couldn't but wanted to know the top speed on it. So on a back road to my house I dropped into 4th @70 all the way to 90, shifted to 5th & it stoped it @ 115 but I hit 120 on a hill so it kind of sucked because I wanted to hit at least 130mph but o well I have no need to really go at those speeds anyway unless racing Si's. lol

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: benjaminallen84
i was joking notice the "shifted into od"
OD is 5th gear :tongue:

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
The car in stock form is highly aero-limited. I've got pics someplace of us testing my car before and after with smoke-sticks and a high power fan, really shows where the drag is on a stocker vs one with heavy mods to the exterior.

E1

·
Registered
17 Posts
i hear all of thes 115's and 120's i have a regular old 2k2 atx but i sit there and cruise at 127... won't go faster, revs wont raise, so i hit the "avg speed" and reset it for instantaneous, says 127.
not sport model + 2k2 + atx + no chip = ...127?

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: USF311Rat
i sit there and cruise at 127...
Uh . . . where the duece do you CRUISE at 127?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.