Registered
1,086 Posts
looks like it to me

maybe the 100 shot of NOS was to much...lol

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think a stig is a type of tree branch? well thats what i call it here in texas

kinda like stig bugs

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
Reading some of the condolences responses I think "stig" was the guy who test drove the cars doing some of the hair raising things on the track & elsewhere. If you've noticed when Jeremy Clarkson drove he rarely if ever pushed the car out of control even on the test track.

But in some episodes you'll see a "mystery man" in a helment behind the wheel for the shots of the car flying through public streets w/Jeremy's doing a voiceover. This guy is the one throwing cars like the Zonder & Ferrari's into a 1080* or taking a turn almost fully sideways & recovering like it's nothing.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
oooooooh ya ya... thats the stig... the "stig" is the test driver / race car driver who REALLY tests the cars...

i thought oven was asking what the WORD stig meant... heh :tongue:

·
Registered
902 Posts
:(

On a side note, why the hell can't they make a page that doesn't cover up the damn webpage in Opera with a stupid flash advertisement. Even in IE the damn text is covered up by those stupid advertisements.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Stig is imaginary person. It has been an ongoing bit that just got tired so they "killed" him. It's fairly obvious that "Stig" was made up if you are a regular Top Gear reader.

in the 1/04 Top Gear Clarkson made fun of all the morons who wrote in the say condolences to an imaginary person.

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
In the Focus RS episode they refer the to the Stig. They "send him out" on the track to test the RS, WRX, & Si to see who's faster.

It's funny cause whenever he's driving he listen's to very out of place music. Be it classical or in this episode "Christopher Cross".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts