New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I personally live Eagle Tire Shine! Love the bright shine and how long it lasts. You can get it at wal-mart, and any auto parts store.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Be careful with tire shine. It wears down the sidewalls, and will eventually cause them to crack. Also, you'll probably get a lot of black dust/flakes on your wheels. That, too, is from the tires. (Not to be confused with brake dust)

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you are into detailing and don't want spin off, try a little vasiline. I have used it on several occassions and it lasts for a while. Other times I use the EagleOne. It is some good stuff. If your feeling like something different, try the Vasiline, you'll be surprised. Jamie

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class Endurance. Doesn't turn the tires brown or damage the rubber. As a bonus your tires will smell like grape Kool-Aid.

When I wash the car the tires get Simple Green'ed, brushed then washed, then treated W/ Endurance

·
Administrator
15,603 Posts
Mm...I haven't tried the Gold class stuff, but I've been using the Meguiars NXT tire shine...it works well too, although some of it does get on the ground effects. It's probably easier to see on my car, being white. It smells like grapes too!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah I go with the Meguiars NXT shine.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
A non silicon base vinyl/rubber protectant works well and doesnt makes the tires look more like a clean satin black. It also wont sling off and stain your paint like the gels can do. I use vynolex or something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.