New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a boost guage as a "hole filler" in my air-bag guage pod. It is a mechanical autometer cobalt series boost guage. I was just curious if I can hook it up to anything. I wasn't sure if my 'naturally aspirated but soon to be juiced' motor will even give a readout on the guage. If anyone has installed one and knows if it does, where is a good spot to splice in the hose? and what kind of readings would I get?

Thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is it a boost only....or vacuum and boost gauge? If it reads vacuum, you can hook it up to your NA engine and get some useful information from it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a boost only.. as I said it was a hole-filler and nothing more.. it would be cool to get some kind of reading from it though.. it serves no perpose but to light up blue and fill a blank spot in my guage pod.. I got it 'cause it was really cheap. I would like it to do something besides sit there and shine it's little blue heart out though.. if it won't work.. no problem. it'll still sit there and shine..

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Buy a Boost/Vacuum gauge at min... It'll at least move and show you the vacuum changes from idle to WOT...it'l move and not make you look like an idiot...

I have a friends with a boost gauige in his a pillar pod, but it's not a boosted car, and honestly he looks like fool whenever people see it.

From your sig I see you have 2 gauges that do something, so why not get others like: Fuel pressure gauge, water temp gauge, oil temp or pressure gauge, vacuum gauge, fuel level gauge even, etc...atleast they'd all be functional...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well.. just asking a very specific question.. not for bashing, thank you. The guage cost me $6 so i bought it.. If any of you have checked the pricing on autometer cobalt guages you will see why I didn't just buy a 'fuel pressure - $189' or a 'voltmeter - $129' or 'water temp - $149' If it lights up and fills a hole for over $120 cheaper it fits my purpose. To everyone, thanks for your input, much appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is my eventual goal.. probably the vortec supercharger kit available for our cars.. I've been saving for a while now and recently found someone parting with their brand new kit.... so buying that is next on the cards.. That would be the reason I don't have any money to spend on guages.. Even though I need them. But I figured that boost guage will be perfect when the charger comes ...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol .. now that is funny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.