New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped off my headres and may car this afternoon to the garage that's gonna do the work tomorrow morning. After I left, I got a call from the mechanic. He said that his dog....and this is no joke...ate the instructions. Is there anyone here who hsa a copy of the instructions who can fax them to me?! I've been calling MSDS all afternoon, but they aren't answering or returning my calls.

My fax is xxx-xxx-xxxx
Please help!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Dude, any mechanic should be able to do this without instructions, if he actually needs the instructions, he's got some serious problems!! Good luck though, you'll love the headers, I do!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!

And your quick too.

My mechanic told me that he didn't need them, but since he's never worked on a Duratec before....I figure better safe than sorry. Thank you Andy. I owe you one.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I just spoke with Marty and he told me he got your message on his voicemail....i guess he took the day off for personal business....he told me he could fax your tech the instructions, but since you already have them, then i guess you dont need them......he just wanted to make sure the tech disconnected the battery before starting (duh) and doesnt scratch the ceramic coating (duh duh)....have fun with them tomorrow...i have been having fun with mine for 2 months now.....be sure to come back on here and let us know how you like them.......

Nikolas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Done. I can hardly believe that the same engine is under the hood! The sound is unbelieveable! I'd caution people that with the Borla and MSDS, you can hear the engine ALL THE TIME. If you don't wanna hear drone as your cruising at normal speeds, you may wanna overlook this combo, but if you like the sound (like I do).....all I can say is that I'm gonna need some leather cleaner!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why did you have to tell me that MC! Now I'm going to have to go and find me the money to get the headers!! Man if if I only had an infinate amount of money to spend on car stuff!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Damn,

Now we just need people (myself included) to get some quarter mile timeslips at sea level tracks as proof that the Intake, Header, Exhaust combo can nearly get MTX V6 cougars into the high 14's.......I think a larger throttle body and larger MAF on top of the common 3 WILL get you running 14.9's at a sealevel track

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the track should have that posted at very visible area or it may say that on your slip.

·
Registered
368 Posts
To find out if your track is at sealevel, buy an altimeter.
Seriously, skydivers should have one of these.

The way I would tell is find what city it's in, then research the citys altitude.

I'm sure that most of Louisiana is at or under sea level, so I'm good. I got no excuse to be slow!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If only it were possible to combine the yodude catless y-pipe with the MSDS headers, I could see that combo (with an intake, of course) producing times as low as 14.7 with the right driver.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
So how does the car feel MC?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can sum it up in two words.....

YU-MMY!!

I have noticed that it's a bit peppier than before, but I haven't done an all out flogging on it yet. I can't get over the sound! I'm trying not to let my ears tell me it's going faster than it really is, but I couldn't be happier with the headers! The couple of runs I have done with it, I noticed more torque steer than I'm accustomed to. Guess the ol' cat's just clawing a little harder.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn I got to get them, and soon. You are just making it harder for me to wait. Can't wait till I go home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.