New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im buyin a set of 18's , what is the widest i can go without rubbing 225? and also what about the sidewall, 35? thnx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am running 225s and have no problem with rubbing. it fills the wells very nicely

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Velox VX8s in 18s I run a 225/40/18...I also have the B+G springs that drop 1.6 give or take a few....KYB struts and not a scrub anywhere..the rear wheels tuck up nice and sweet looking...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u think i can go wit a 225/35/18? , and is ur car lowerd? how much can i lower it?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a 35 is less rubber....my car is lowered using B+G springs and KYB struts...The B+G springs lowered it 1.6 is what they say...I think now that they have settled some its a little bit lower. It tucks the rear wheels great...I will see if I have a close up of the rear of the car....

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The only difference is a slightly smaller sidewall between than the 225/40/18.

IIRC you can go any lowering spring setup with 18's, but for 19's you need either GC or bags.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not TrU Ignernt...There is this chick that works up here at one of the performance shops..she has the eibach springs i believe and has a set of 19s under her car....She "says" she doesnt scrub anywheres....so who knows

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: St8LyRaVn
not TrU Ignernt...There is this chick that works up here at one of the performance shops..she has the eibach springs i believe and has a set of 19s under her car....She "says" she doesnt scrub anywheres....so who knows
i'll bet you a crisp Jackson that she does. ;)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'LL TAKE THAT BET!!!

I'm running Roush springs (1.8" ACTUAL DROP...not the 1.2" advertised drop) with 19" wheels wearing 225/35/19 tires.

NO RUBBING! :)

~CIII

BTW...You can PayPal that "crisp Jackson" to: [email protected]! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and see ignernt Its a good thing we didnt have a bet...cause there is one of "our" own moderators right there with ROUSH SPRINGS...NOT COIL OVERS with 19s....I could have put em on mine but i got hella deal on my 18s....

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: cwtIII
I'LL TAKE THAT BET!!!

BTW...You can PayPal that "crisp Jackson" to: [email protected]! ;)
Uhhh... it wasn't a response to you, so... no Jackson for you! :tongue:

Plus, last i heard you weren't hard up for $20. ;)

Edit - misinfo i guess... :shrug:

... but i still want proof. :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts