New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey - on the radio this morning the DJ's on the morning show were saying that Firestone is in the process of recalling more tires.. that they found out that the tread on other brands of the tires for additional vehicles (we are no longer talking about Wilderness tires nor the Ford Explorer) are wearing incorrectly and could lead to the same problems as in the the previous recall.. Has anyone heard anything about this???? Could we be included???? Namely the Firehawks that are on the non-sports package Cougars? and if so how are we "alerted"???

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Crispy - I do believe they had some issues with other Firestone's however I believe they were also larger tires that would be on a SUV or Truck. I look @ the Ford Intranet site and there is nothin on it so I dont think this is new news at all.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Nissan did recall the 16" Firehawk GTA02 that were on Altima two month ago because the treads were separating. The size that was recalled was 205/50-16. I didn't understand at that time why Ford didn't recall the Firehawk GTA02 on their cars since the same size is used on Focus and a number of other Ford passenger cars. And one more thing that really bothered me was the fact that 205/50-16, 205/55-15 and 215/50-16 GTAs were produceded on the same assembly line so how can one size be recalled and not the other two? It didn't really matter to me anyway because my Firehawks have been long gone from my car (albeit after 2 tread separations and 2 side wall failures), but I would suggeat any cougar owners that still have these dangerous tires to get rid of them pronto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.