New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyones familiar with Ohio's tint laws, or would that be dependent to county's or townships? Anway, I'm wanting the silver mirror tint I think for my car, seeing how it'd prolly look awesome. I'm pretty sure we can have up to 50% legally. I might go to the dmv if i have some time and pick up a book sometime. I don't see too many people with the mirror though around here and i don't want to go through the hassle of getting pulled over all the time for it. Well actually i saw a C2 up here in columbus with the french blue paint *i think* and he *actually i think it was a she* had the blue mirror to silver fade. It was pretty sweet. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
50% on the sides and back im pretty sure. dont know about the front. but my friend has gotten pulled over for his 35% tint.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
50 % is hardly worth doing cause it's so light. besides there is some tint built into the Cougar glass and it will actuallly be darker, not alot just enought to get you a ticket. When I got pulled over I had 35% on the sides and the hatch isn't done, the cop put his meter on the door glass and it actually read 27%.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
thats exactly what it read for my friend with 35% tint, on his civic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i think i have 30 on my windows and i've had no probs with the cops.
infact i've been pulled over for speeding, and had my car towed one time and
never heard a thing about the tint i have.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Legal law is 50 percent all around besides front, which is nothing. You cannot tin the front at all. I have 20 and havent gotten tickets or pulled over but I think thats because my car is so dark it looks lighter. My friend with the focuz has gotten pulled over 3 times now and tickets each time for the same exact 20 tint.

I recommend 20 all around besides the front because its very noticable and looks good. 50 is worthless.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno about the windshield. I believe you can have a tint strip so far down, which in the chart says 5". Which isn't much at all or really worth it, our cars come with that stock.

Anyway, how about pics!! I still really want the mirror though but black would look just as good i suppose.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i had mirror tint on my old blue cougar and it looked great.

T

·
0 Posts
I have 20% on the 2 front windows of my Escape, they match the rear privacy glass perfect. I had 35% on my Contour but it looked darker because my interior was dark. I was told by Mr. Tint here in Columbus that you will get 2 tickets for mirror or "half and half" tint.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yea, sorry about that you can have the strip. Shouldve been clearer in my post, but that was while I was drinking heavily. Sorry bout that lol. Also if you get a Doctors note that you get headaches etc from the sun, it is legal in most states to get limo tint on everything but the front, but then tint the front too.

My cousin told me this after he got his friends dad to write the letter LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts