New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am hearing a tick tick tick tick noise when i make right had turns now, the speed of the tick is associated with the speed of the car during the turn. I am taking the car in Friday to have it looked at, thankfully the car is still under warranty, so they are gonna have to fix it.

do you think they are gonna give me grief for having the car lowered? I dont see how the lowering of the car would affect what is possibly the CV joints and what not. If anyone knows what this problem could be, please let me know.

Nikolas

·
Registered
378 Posts
That sounds like a wheel bearing to me. They shouldn't give any trouble about the car being lowered, however, you never know.

G

·
If the noise is coming from the left side during hard right hand turns, look at the A/C line at the left side of the trans. (In the left wheel well) Your tire might be hitting the line. Easy fix, just tweak the bracket.

G

·
Per my tech at the Ford dealer - Cougars do not have wheel bearings (at least not the type that need to be repacked every once in awhile). they supposedly have some sort of bushings instead. Dunno if its true or not, haven't torn anything apart enough to find out yet.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I had the same kind of noise happen to me once, from the front-left corner of the car, and it turned out to be a nail in the front-left tire. It took three weeks for the tire to get low enough for me to figure it out.

G

·
I thought these cars, like most other small new cars, had sealed front wheel bearings. I could be wrong.
Brian

G

·
I too have a clicking noise except my car clicks after i start picking up speed in 1st,2nd,and 3rd....i do not know if it has something to wiht the bearings or what...firend of mine said it is probably a loose heat shield.....has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.