New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I gotta run to work.

There's this ticking sound, almost sounds like the blown rod tick, except when I push my clutch in the sound goes away. When I barely push the gas in the sounds gets faster, but only to a point then it goes away. Thinking it has to do with the clutch since I just got an engine swap and pushing in the pedal makes the sound go away.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
~Josh

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah. Well I did some searching. It didn't say what the sound was coming from specificlly, only speculations. Did it ever get discovered?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I found it isn't anything harmfull. Just an annoyance. I can only hear it well when I'm next to a wall, drive thru ect.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah...about those clutch sounds......i had that ticking. evolved into a squeak. almost like a bearing squeak. now, its turned into a new clutch. a new clutch. :banghead:

·
Banned
5,184 Posts
It's called Gear Roll Over. Its normal, it is just the noise created from the gears meshing against eachother. Some are louder than others. But they all do it. Try changing your trans fluid if you have a lot of miles, it may quiet it up a little bit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
On two other cars I have owned in the past (a neon, and a civic) I had similar symptoms. Both times, I had a worn out throw out bearing. From what I've heard, it doesn't hurt anything, it's just an annoyance. I took my sweet time getting them replaced, and never had any problems. Or what jrak said :biggrin:

·
Registered
215 Posts
On two other cars I have owned in the past (a neon, and a civic) I had similar symptoms. Both times, I had a worn out throw out bearing. From what I've heard, it doesn't hurt anything, it's just an annoyance. I took my sweet time getting them replaced, and never had any problems. Or what jrak said :biggrin:
yea i was thinking throw out bearing too....im buying a new clutch anyways...something that can take my aggressive driving a bit better :biggrin:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not a bad plan. The clutch kit should come with a new TOB, so you should be good, if that's indeed the problem.
Yea, im going to go with a stage 2 or stage 2.5 from promotiontuning.com

if any suggestions on one feel free to speak up...

Yea im hoping that it is the TOB but if not im going to speak up when i bring it in so they can check it out, their good guys that i bring my car too. never let me down. Also I hope the TOB fix's my cruise control problem cause its not working

my step dad's wasnt working on his truck either and when he brought it in they tracked it to his Throw out bearings.... so im hopeing!:shrug:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's called Gear Roll Over. Its normal, it is just the noise created from the gears meshing against eachother. Some are louder than others. But they all do it. Try changing your trans fluid if you have a lot of miles, it may quiet it up a little bit.
Haven't check this in a bit, thanks for the info tho! I'm pretty sure my fluid is old, don't recall changing it since I got the car (at least 2 years). Can't even recall checking to make sure the fluid was still good. :rofl:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea, im going to go with a stage 2 or stage 2.5 from promotiontuning.com

if any suggestions on one feel free to speak up...

Yea im hoping that it is the TOB but if not im going to speak up when i bring it in so they can check it out, their good guys that i bring my car too. never let me down. Also I hope the TOB fix's my cruise control problem cause its not working

my step dad's wasnt working on his truck either and when he brought it in they tracked it to his Throw out bearings.... so im hopeing!:shrug:
You should read some of the transaction feedbacks for promotiontuning.com. Not very good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts