New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced the Lightning from about 70 mph to 120mph I pulled about 1/2 car lenght on him then he gave me thumbs up. I love the 3.0 power!!!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Hot daym! All hail 3.0 :bowdown: Its not all about the 1/4...cougars RULE the Highway

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
Hot daym! All hail 3.0 :bowdown: Its not all about the 1/4...cougars RULE the Highway
You right my friends 350Z smoked me from a red light but when racing on the highway he pulls very slowly.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Hehe Dude...do some weight reduction like I did...and say BYE BYE to that Z on the HighWay....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lightning's are definitely no joke.. My boyfriend has a 2002 True Blue Lightning.. He has raced it over at Raceway Park in Englishtown quite a few times.. It has gone high 11's/low 12's and he even made it to the final race once.. Considering his blower pulley and the exhaust he recently put on.. It is definitely a monster to sit in and ride around it and even more of a monster when he lets me drive it around town..

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
bah! :tongue:

I got a slow LS1 that'll run you from 70 to 160 :evil:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by: Raben
bah! :tongue:

I got a slow LS1 that'll run you from 70 to 160 :evil:
sure I read your stories!!!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
i've heard the stories about cougs bein awesome on the highway but those things have phenominal hosepower and torque ratings. i drove a 99 which only has like 360 horse but it was pretty fast and they get faster it seems every year. if you beat lightening legitimately hats off to you bro!!!!! those things are awesome. but i'm sorry to admit i'm a bit skeptical. but i tell ya thats one heck of a bragging right. Raben if your car is near stock a lightning should walk you. those things walk vettes on the strip and at the track. i know cougar GT kept up with a cobra convertible on the highway and the lightning would or should smoke that convertible. oh well congrats man! i hope to one day be able to do the 3.0 SVT swap and have the chance to get those bragging rights! keep up the awesome drivin!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: Archangel7772001
i've heard the stories about cougs bein awesome on the highway but those things have phenominal hosepower and torque ratings. i drove a 99 which only has like 360 horse but it was pretty fast and they get faster it seems every year. if you beat lightening legitimately hats off to you bro!!!!! those things are awesome. but i'm sorry to admit i'm a bit skeptical. but i tell ya thats one heck of a bragging right. Raben if your car is near stock a lightning should walk you. those things walk vettes on the strip and at the track. i know cougar GT kept up with a cobra convertible on the highway and the lightning would or should smoke that convertible. oh well congrats man! i hope to one day be able to do the 3.0 SVT swap and have the chance to get those bragging rights! keep up the awesome driving!!
Stock Lightnings run low mid 14's in 1/4mile the fastest one I saw was 12's but it wasn't stock.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Raben if your car is near stock a lightning should walk you. those things walk vettes on the strip and at the track. i know cougar GT kept up with a cobra convertible on the highway and the lightning would or should smoke that convertible. oh well congrats man! i hope to one day be able to do the 3.0 SVT swap and have the chance to get those bragging rights! keep up the awesome drivin!!

For one my TA is no where near stock :evil:

For two, stock SVT Lightnings walking Vettes and other LS1 F-bodies? :bs:

Stock lightning, the BEST I have seen at the track was a 13.6 Typically they run 13.8 to 14.5 at the track. Bone stock LS1 F-bodies pull 13.4 on street tires. And I have seen Lower on ET Streets.

As for the street, again :bs: The SVT Lightning is a beast no doubt, but from a 70 roll, it's a brick and a heavy one at that. I've never been beaten by a SVT L on the street nor track. Not one that was stock or near stock.

There are some in our club that has TON's of goodies, change the pulley, nitrous, etc. that yea, running 12s and one running 11s. But no where near stock.

And some stats for ya as I am comparing my TA against my buddy here at work 2001 SVT Lighning. (when I was bone stock)

TA Weight: 3400lbs.
SVT L weight: 5450lbs.

TA RWHP: 316.4
TA RWTQ: 336.8

SVT L RWHP: 343
SVT L RWTQ: 388

Now you do the math, 343hp on a vehicle that weighs in at 5400lbs or a car that has better drag compared to a truck, that weighs what, 2000lbs less and pushing 316rwhp bone stock?

And btw that 316hp and 336tq was when I was completly bone stock, down to the paper filter. Not stock anymore. I have all bolt ons except for headers which will be done soon.

I should be hitting 350 on the wheels once I get the headers.'

Oh and just think, vettes are 400lbs lighter than my TA so I know they'll smoke one. Only problem vettes have, espeically the M6 is traction. What is it, runflats? totally suck for off line traction, but from a roll those car's kick @ss.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Guys I stand corrected! I have no idea what my sources were but you guys are definitely right! I do apologize! i guess for some reason i thought they were faster then they were and i know i heard multiple times that on the strip and track lightnings ran vettes but like i said i satnd corrected and i apologize. thankyou guys though for the facts. i'll know next time if i hear the same thought i had before to correct them . thanks again and sorry! oh and cougarboi good show man!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You're just being a smart*** now :p

However, stand corrected yet again hehehe. . .

. . lookie

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
And mine:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
i wasn't being a smart alek i was serious! tahnks though!

Ok cool :)

Sometimes it's hard to tell over the net.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts