New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us had had the unpleasant experience with the throttle hang problem. I never did the fix because of some of the side effects, I just lived with it. My car only did it when it was at least 85 or higher so it’s only a problem in the hotter months here. Anyways, to the point I was getting at. I cleaned out my upper and lower intake and it was really bad. (79,535 miles) There is a channel on the bottom where the throttle body goes on the intake and it was completely clogged. After cleaning it I have not had the problem again. It has been 3 weeks and still going strong… except for the P0430 I got today on my way to school. (catalyst efficiency below threshold, bank 2)

This is my first post here so please be nice!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Hi..welcome to NECO :wave: Was this an informative post or was there a hidden question enrcypted somewhere:shrug:?

Any who..Hi!

:wiggle:

·
Registered
746 Posts
perhaps he is saying if you clean the uim that you dont have to do the throttle hang fix???? :shrug:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was not asking a question really, just stating some info. I thought maybe the dirty intake might be one cause of the throttle hang... who knows. For the CEL i was just griping. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
FYI...Throttle hang is suppose to be there ;). I forget all jibberish terminology for it but the answer is out there if you do a search on it :).

:wiggle:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
You remove them and give them a good scrub with some brake cleaner. I believe there is a good how-to in the How To section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.