New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, sorry I would like to know who made a modification to the throttle body, a 2.5, and how big can I put an accelerator body? Thank you !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your attention, sorry I found a throttle body of 70mm is also ford of a v8 engine is very similar to the image I was sent, the only thing I'm thinking how to put the throttle spring, but I already got one Idea !!! Thank you very much I will inform you as I have the adaptation I hise !!! Also wanted to ask another question, is it a spacer for the throttle body or is it a myth that generates more HP???

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
No value to a spacer in our cars. Thats more applicable to cars with carburetors.
There might be some value in a transition plate between the larger TB and the UIM since the hole in the UIM isnt that big.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, if you know that are used for carburetor spacers, and as eh looked on those spacers for applications in fuel injection not for 2.5 duratec if not for other types of cars, I thought that if it would help something to my engine , Or is it pure publicity? Good in my thinking before entering this forum, not knowing how to change the spring to the throttle body that I want to place 70mm, make a spacer 2 inches wide with whirlwind inside, then put the photos of the spacer and the 70mm throttle body !!!

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
The 65mm TB is about as far as I'd go (and in fact it is as large as I've went), especially on a 2.5L you'll be about even with stock TB using the 65mm, going to 70mm would probably lower you even further.

Throttle body spacers on EFI vehicles are snake oil, just like "chips" that plug in inline with the Intake Air Temperature Sensor, or "fuel ionizing units", or "intake vortex inducers", or "Electronic Corrosion Inhibitors". If you can buy it on ebay for >$100 and as One-Size-Fit-All, it's snake oil.

The best, cheapest way to increase your power, is to do an SVT Lite, then Tires, then a 3L and Tune, don't fiddle **** with the intake system because there's not that much to be gained and plenty to be lost. One caveat is half-shafting and knife edging the TB, which does increase power a bit, but at the risk of creating a rather bothersome metered vacuum leak which'll make it idle really high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts